Closed Thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Robert, Thank you for your condolence towards the boy and his family, I will have my Dominican friends pass it on to them ! I would like to ask tho why you closed the thread before any of the members or Fabio could have replied to my question re advice on safety work standards, and what course of action was available to the boy and his family within the Dominican Republic ! I would have liked to have passed on any beneficial advice to the family, not to mention it would also be educational for those of us that dont know what happens in a case like this !
I would not be asking for donations on DR1, had the husband and wife employers showed or offered any responsibility ! Thank-You Robert !

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Rosemary if you want Fabio Guzman to answer your post you need to post it under legal.

Rosemary

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 13, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Rosemary if you want Fabio Guzman to answer your post you need to post it under legal.

Thank you Anna, I will do just that ! One of these days I will get the hang of this ! ya think! :)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Robert said:
No need to post in the Legal Forum. A post already covers this topic in the General Forum.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35365

End of subject....

At the risk of getting 150 demerit points, banned from the board for a week or two or some other sinister reprimand, let me say that I doubt this will be the "end of subject..... "!!

1. Original thread by Rosemary requesting donation system be set up ....... CLOSED
2. Reply by Chris to "closed" thread allowed & then ....... CLOSED.
3. Request to Fabio Guzman in LEGAL forum ................DELETED or REMOVED (before Fabio Guzman could see or reply)
4. This post where it is stated because there has been a post in to 1. above, the need for legal clarification is superfluous therefore "End of Subject" implying (but not saying) thread closed.

1. I am a BIG boy these days & can make my own decisions as to whether I want to contribute to a charity of one form or another so I would have been more than happy to see the original post continue for donations to be made. Heck, we have had The DREAM Project & Fundacion Patria posts asking for charities going for MONTHS now & they get 'Bumped' on a regular basis. We don't complain at those even after 250 posts or more!!

I accept the "story" outweighed the request to set up the donation, but I would have liked the opportunity to comment re donations - not have that decision made for me! I have now MADE my donation, but via a differing route.

2. I do not know the facts of this case, who is right & who is wrong, but in that both sides seem to have an opinion, perhaps others might have liked to ask some pertinent questions. Certainly the legal implications for employers would have given great insight & beneficial information for would be employers on their need to get the correct type of liability insurances in place.

3. I do not understand the reason for 'removing' or 'deleting' a thread in the Legal forum without the legal expert being allowed to comment, at all. I am sure there IS a good reason, it is just that I can not see it! It gives the impression that there is something sinister going on here & some form of "We'll keep this from you because it is not in your interest to know about it" operation. Again, I'm sure there isn't this intention, but it sure as heck looks like it from the actions taken.

So, for the clean minded that likes to give a FAIR hearing to all sides, please let there be open communication on this proposed thread (within pre established boundaries if you feel the need to set those) & then the thoughts of "Favouritism", "Cover-Up", "Big Brother" & the oft hated "Over Censorship" can be laid to rest. ~ Grahame.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It may cost you 200 Points!

But for what its worth, Im with you on this one Grahame......

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's very simple.

Donations: I clearly stated DR1's policy on this, we do not support anyone.
That way we do not offend anyone and hopefully keep a level playing field.

I asked people wishing to donate to contact those people directly, just like they do with the Dream Project. The Dream Project is obviously more organized and have a lot more activity going on, hence more posts.

Injured Person:
Yes, this is very sad and I hope the person makes a 100% recovery.
Unfortunately these posts have an underlying personal feud and I will not allow this to spill onto DR1.

I suggest you contact Fabio Guzman directly via email/phone on this topic if you want some advice on how to proceed.

If you have more comments on this topic that should be directed towards DR1 or myself, email or PM me.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.