Anyone else try calling cells lately??

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
What is the deal with the cell phone lines in the DR ??? IMPOSSIBLE to get through !!!! Im gonna snap soon !
Anyone else experience this ??? !

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
hmmm

isnt that funny.. must be the damn canadian lines ..... i called to ask why my call werent going through and they said that it was from their side, they have a "message" that cells in DR have been disabled for people outside DR to call.... im gonna call them back and bitch !

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Hey barbie relax cell phones lines are in perfect condition i call everywhere the world and not a cinch.

wow! CANADIANS have a way to send customers away quick! and you thought that was possible? c'm on!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Cell phone service CRAP

Verizon & Tricom services have been terrible for the past month or so. Don't know about Orange, I flushed them 2 years ago.

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Hey, I've been calling an orange cell phone, from Canada, all the time with basically no problem. I use Primus and although sometimes I have to call a few times to get through or have a bad connection, overall it's not too bad. And it's only 17 cents a minute..so it works for me!

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Some Problems

Over the past few days I have also experienced some problems reaching an Orange cell in La Romana. I have tried to direct dial and use my discounted carrier. This happens mostly in the late evening and I get a busy circut message.

Charlie

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
17 cents a minutes is nuts .....thats like 58-59 minutes for $10 .... i use a 20/20 phone card and get 151 minutes for a cell phone for $10 ... and ive never had a problem connecting until recently

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
la_barbie said:
isnt that funny.. must be the damn canadian lines ..... i called to ask why my call werent going through and they said that it was from their side, they have a "message" that cells in DR have been disabled for people outside DR to call.... im gonna call them back and bitch !

I use a Canadian service and had many problems last 5 days.

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
Same Problem

I have had the same problem over the past few days. Everytime I try to call a cellphone in the DR (mostly Verizon), I just get air or the message that all circuits are busy. I have tried to call only a few minutes after missing a call from my boyfriend but with no luck. I seem to have this problem in the evening to late night. If I try in the morning, I do not usually have a problem. He calls me almost everyday and says that he does not have a problem. I have been able to get through to friends who have the Orange network but the line has been terrible. I thought that it was my phone line. I use the Verizon International Plan.

La Barbie - I am in the US but would like more information on the calling cards. I am sure that it would be cheaper than my international plan. Can you post the information or PM me? If anyone else knows of really cheap calling cards, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tata

Last edited:

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Same problem

It's damn frustrating. I only get to talk to my sweetheart once or twice a week now and then we can't hear each other. I'm having the problem with both verizon and orange.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Cell Phones

la_barbie said:
at least im not alone... anyone know when this crap will be fixed

DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED. I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH. TRYING TO CALL DR WHEN IT IS MOST IMPORTANT, IS IMPOSSIBLE. I'VE TRIED CALLING EARLY IN THE MORNING AND LATE AT NIGHT, NO CONNECTION. WHEN I FINALLY REACH THE PERSON, THEY TELL ME THAT THEIR PHONE WAS NOT OFF. JUST KEEP TRYING. OR THEY WHERE IS A BAD AREA. WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I have been having crazy problems too! I guess Orange has some towers down, or working on them, which is interferring with the connection. I'll either get a busy signal, or dead air. Or else I'll get the circuits are busy att his time. Don't get hat too much, but I do get the busy signal.

The mornings or late late like 3am, I'll get busy signal, and in the evenings like 6-8pm I'll get dead air. It's very frusterating...hope they get this worked out soon.

lisa

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Better Now

I call an orange cell 2 -3 times per day in la Romana and have had very few problems in the last 10 days.

Charlie

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
nystateofmind said:
I am in NYC and it is impossible to make a call for the last 2 weeks.
I was told that the electricity goes out for 6 - 12 hours a day down there.

Karen

Last edited: