Slightly complicated visa question

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Hi! Hopefully there is some experience/knowledge available here about this:

We are an international couple (Colombian/European). One of us needs to apply for a visa to enter the DR while the other can just buy the tourist card. The colombian part of us has residency in Europe.

What options exist to permit both of us multiple entries to the DR without flying back to either Colombia or Europe?

As far as I know there is no tourist visa permitting multiple entries. Is there a way to enter the DR as tourist and then apply for another tourist visa from inside the DR for another entry?

Tricky and a little bit uncommon. I wish the world would be less complicated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suspect that the local Dominican consulate or embassy

could solve this fairly easily. The fact that the Colombian has legal residence in an European Community nation should assist the process.

Of course any Colombian is super searched and heavily scrutinized on entering the DR....

HB :(

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I have heard of a multiple entry tourist visa for Americans, which may actually mean it is more easily obtained in America than other countries, which if you go a lot would save a lot on tourist cards (and ridiculous 15 day time periods) so to HB's point go to the DR consulate or embassy with consular services and ask. I tried for one here but the consulate in Toronto was nothing more than an honorary one and of no use. If I were to be in Ottawa I might ask myself for one.