Calling all Dominicans in Los Angeles

Shelby Stokes

Oct 13, 2004
I believe that I have asked this question once before but, "Are there any Dominicans in the Los Angeles, CA area?"

I ask this again because I am researching my family history and I believe that I have family that is from DR. My Grandfather did not know his father but he did say that he cam remember growing up in a very Latin influenced part of Philadelphia, PA.

Now that I am here in Los Angeles, away from all of my family (On the East Coast and South), due to career and spiritual elevations I would like, no LOVE nothing more than to connect with some people that could quite possibly be part of my heritage. Please leave me any meeting places, not nightclubs or bars, that I would be able to engage in conversation as well as learning a missing part of me.

Thank you all in advance for any and all assistance that will be given.

Shelby Stokes

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I was doing some net surfing today and came across this blog by a dominican guy living in Los Angeles. http://cuadratecnica.blogspot.com/

One of his posts was about locating a Dominican Cultural center. Maybe you could email hima nd he may have some contacts for you.

Shelby Stokes said:
I believe that I have asked this question once before but, "Are there any Dominicans in the Los Angeles, CA area?"

I ask this again because I am researching my family history and I believe that I have family that is from DR. My Grandfather did not know his father but he did say that he cam remember growing up in a very Latin influenced part of Philadelphia, PA.

Now that I am here in Los Angeles, away from all of my family (On the East Coast and South), due to career and spiritual elevations I would like, no LOVE nothing more than to connect with some people that could quite possibly be part of my heritage. Please leave me any meeting places, not nightclubs or bars, that I would be able to engage in conversation as well as learning a missing part of me.

Thank you all in advance for any and all assistance that will be given.

Shelby Stokes

Shelby Stokes

Oct 13, 2004
Great info

Dolores said:

I found that Osmany Rodriguez, the guy that runs the Blogsite is from Los Angeles and provides information that is relevant to those that are Dominican. I found it to be quite informative and interesting to find someone that may be able to connect to me and give me an insight into a part of myself that I know I have been missing. I suggest that if there are any other Dominicans that are here in the Los Angeles area to log on and start to connect to a wider section of the city.

Once again, thank all of you out there for this information and support I hope to see you on the isle next year. (Beginning to)Represent DR :classic:

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
Dominicans, in L.A ? good luck , but if there are , it must be a really tightknit community considering that there are probably lik 10 of them and they might all be related ,lol, just kiddin , but i doubt there is much , but u might find alot of half dominicans , if that helps

Shelby Stokes

Oct 13, 2004
This Works, "Really"

I just wanted to alert everyone on this site that all the love, support and information has payed off. Not only have I been in touch with a young man here in Los Angeles, but I also have been placed in contact with a cultural center in this city.

To all of those people that are just reading and not participating, PLEASE, reconsider your viewpoint. You may be the one to assist a person to the right area they have needed.

Once again, thank all of you out there. You are truly, "MI FAMILIA" :laugh:

Shelby Stokes

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Shelby Stokes said:
I just wanted to alert everyone on this site that all the love, support and information has payed off. Not only have I been in touch with a young man here in Los Angeles, but I also have been placed in contact with a cultural center in this city.

To all of those people that are just reading and not participating, PLEASE, reconsider your viewpoint. You may be the one to assist a person to the right area they have needed.

Once again, thank all of you out there. You are truly, "MI FAMILIA" :laugh:

Shelby Stokes

Once you gather this information, could you write it up for the DR1 Dominicans Abroad Forum so we can share it with others on this thread?

Thanks.

Shelby Stokes

Oct 13, 2004
Concerning Los Angeles Dominicanos

Dolores said:
Once you gather this information, could you write it up for the DR1 Dominicans Abroad Forum so we can share it with others on this thread?

Thanks.

Yes, thank you for the reminder. Here is the websites that I was provided and they are http://cuadratecnica.blogspot.com/2...anos-en-la.html and www.remolacha.net. I was also provided the telephone number to the Centro Cultural Dominicano, which is 213-680 2496.

I hope that this will be productive in the expansion of the Dominican community here in Los Angeles.

God Bless,
Shelby Stokes

sabili08

Feb 25, 2005
Message to Shelby Stokes

Hello Shelby

Just wondering how life is going in LA. I attend City of Refuge with Bishop Noel Jones and wondered if you will be there on Sunday? I just returned from the DR. 1st time there and loved it.

Would love to connect

please get in touch with me
310-321-0420

Karla Anderson

sucar

Nov 21, 2004
There is an activity planned for Saturday night sponsored by the consultate.
Shatto banquet hall- 3744 W. slauson ave-los angeles 90043 feb 26-7pm