Santiago - Sosua

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
Does anyone have a phone number for a taxi company/private taxi that can take me from Santiago to Sosua at about 0130?

I am not crazy about having to rely on a public taxi being there and having to deal with someone trying to rip me off. I would rather make prior arrangements to ensure someone is waiting for me at that time of the morning.

Thank you in advance.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If course I do

Just send me an email or a PM, and I can hook you up with the service.

Be sure you tell me exactly where you are going, since the tariff varies with distance. Recently a family told me "Puerto Plata" and the reality was that they were going to Cabarete! another long haul for the driver.

Be happy to do this, since I got a good report from the people-who are sending the company additional funds, by the way-they are really nice folks and just didn't know.. What the heck, their travel agent said Puerto Plata....

HB :D:D

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
nystateofmind said:
Does anyone have a phone number for a taxi company/private taxi that can take me from Santiago to Sosua at about 0130?

I am not crazy about having to rely on a public taxi being there and having to deal with someone trying to rip me off. I would rather make prior arrangements to ensure someone is waiting for me at that time of the morning.

Thank you in advance.

Call Don Miller at 809-962-4167 or email him at : Don Miller
He is very realiable and has great rates

DC_papi

Jan 7, 2004
good

make ur arrangements early for u not to be ripped off. Some dominicans wont stop at nothing to ripp u off

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
Cabana was good choice

Jimmydr said:
You are better off sleeping in a nearby Cabana then going in the morning.

we did the Cabana thing too. about $20 US for the night (8 hour shifts). stayed at Club Ethics (very ironic name!) about 8 km from the airport.

get your taxi/driver to pick you up in the morning from the Cabana.

we felt that even with an experienced, local driver the trip to Sosua through the hills in the middle of the night was just asking for trouble. you're tired, so is he. if it is raining it would be more difficult.

even the best driver can be surprised in the dark on those winding hills. just a flat tire would really suck at 2:00 a.m.

the drive is very beautiful and you won't regret waiting until daylight.