The Ultimate Sankie!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
The story in a nutshell...

Someone I know went to DR a couple of times during the last 2 years or so...

He's gay, and met a really gorgeous guy in one of the resorts, fell in love, and started the 'invitation' process to bring him to the US...

Phone calls every day from the DR, met the family (without telling them the 'gay' part), the friends, etc. The mom would answer the phone and say: "Oh, yes Mr. So-and-so, he's right here, I am so grateful to you for what you are doing to bring my son to the US, and helping him out"...etc, etc...

Ok, finally the guy makes it here two weeks ago...and guess what???

NOW... HE SAYS HE'S CONFUSED, HE DOESN'T KNOW IF HE REALLY IS GAY OR NOT, DOESN'T WANT ANY SEXUAL CONTACT WITH THIS MAN, AND IS LEAVING THIS WEEKEND TO GO LIVE WITH HIS FAMILY IN NY...

Could you believe this??? The guy has spent thousands of dollars, between trips, phone calls and I believe somewhere in the 3-5 thousand dollars for the alleged 'visa' ...

Oh, well...live and learn all you people that still believe in Santa Claus!

Just go and have fun...enjoy everything good the DR has to offer...but remember..

WHAT HAPPENS IN DR, STAYS IN DR!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Interesting! Looks like they have found a new market.

MQ I'm not sure how things work in the US but isn't a visitor's visa only temporary or is this guy planning on going underground after it expires?

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
Lol

dominicangirl said:
Whoever you DO in DR stays in DR! (Don't try taking them with you).

That is an even better advise. I think the best one I have read. short, simple, and to the point.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
hmmm. I can't help but to chime in on this one.
I dont wish to appear against-the-grain and not to use your own choice of words (as you are just the friend telling the story), but did he "not" help him out?

He got him out off the island and hopefully to afford greater opportunities. I would be much more pissed if your friend is somewhat responsible, from a legal stand-point, for his movement and actions in the US...say as a visa guardian or something.

I am not a prude and like others have paid my fair share for a roll or two, maybe three. But two things come to mind here: One you take your chances with everything in life (there are no guarantees); and second, this entire notion that because someone is poor"er" than you, you can buy their situation as if they are pets to be kept.

If someone doesn't want to be with me, I say f*#k'em. Who knows what hidden theivery, drug addictions, sexual habits, or other narcoses he might have.

In the long run it might have been the best thing.
TEHAMA

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Someone told me a similar story a few months ago. A Canadian girl came down on vacation and fell in love with a sanky (she was very innocent back then). She comes back down several times, meets the family, etc. and finally decides to invite him to Canada and get married over there... She goes through the whole paperwork process (not easy), pays what she has to pay, sends him money to buy a suitcase and some clothes, pays for his plane ticket and he finally makes it up there.

She's at the airport when he arrives and sees him walk into the arrival terminal..... right into the arms of his gay boyfriend. Yup. He played her just to get his ticket into Canada and then without even an "I'm sorry" or anything, walked off with his boyfriend. What a guy... I think the only thing worse than being dropped for another woman is being dropped for a man!

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
TEHAMA said:
But two things come to mind here: One you take your chances with everything in life (there are no guarantees); and second, this entire notion that because someone is poor"er" than you, you can buy their situation as if they are pets to be kept.
TEHAMA

Well said. People need to honest about why they want importing desperately poor people. If they did then the would recognize the inherent risks involved.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
xamaicano said:
Well said. People need to honest about why they want importing desperately poor people. If they did then the would recognize the inherent risks involved.

Importing poor people? Did you ever consider that these poor people lied and cheated and made their sucker sponsers think they were in love with them. How devastating is that to find you've spent a few years of emotional attachment to be dumped upon arrival? It's not just the lost of money you know but to think you've been used and lied to.

There's laws against that and Canada has it's first case of fraud successfully in jail.

Read this

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Anna,
With much respect as Moderator, that is a very lame story. Who is really telling the truth? It is a very well-known fact that the sponsor at the desired destination is paid by the recipient of new residency. I have other male friends who have done the same thing. Her family didn't come up with the rest of the money so he called it off. Maybe she was the have the payment in full upon arrival...we don't know! I hope that crappy law doesn't make it south of the border. You guys can keep that one!

I personally feel sorry for the lady. A school teacher?! Perhaps if she had been of a cleric position would that change the outcome? I dont have one ounce of sympathy for him and he sounds like a creep. Probably intented for her to sell herself.

"Love at a distance is love for fools." - some ole Spanish saying someone told me on my first caribbean trip.
TEHAMA

Additional comment: "and four days later a marriage proposal and celebration"??? HUH? Right! I will parapahsed: "the neogiations settled." Obviously, the poor lady had a public defender.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Tehama...I'm sorry...

Either I'm very sleepy or YOU didn't understand what I wrote at all...

The guy from DR conned my friend while he went to visit....a typical 'sankie'...HAD SEX with him in DR...several times...just so my friend could bring him over to the US...

I don't really know HOW he obtained the visa...but I know my friend spent thousands of dollars paying for everything...from phone calls, the trips back and forth, clothes, etc...

All the while, the guy would have sex with him in DR...without his family knowing, but once he made it here to the US...he told my friend that he was very confused about his sexuality, that he didn't think he was GAY and couldn't have sex with him anymore...

Talk about a scam...all of a sudden.....but not before he reached 'la tierra de libertad'...did he realize he wasn't gay...

What you are talking about is completely different...I am aware that there are people that have to pay once they reach US soil...but that is totally againt the law...the people that get them here are basically 'human smugglers'...

Unlike this and many more cases like these...here people are 'conned' into believing the sankies are in love and promised all kinds of things...and once they are here...it's all over...THIS SHOULD ALSO BE AGAINST THE LAW...unfortunately, very hard to prove and persecute...

Nobody is importing anybody in this case...The sankies want to come live in the US and they WILL and DO anything to get here...

Read KateP's story...same thing...only it was a woman that was taken advantage of...and I agree...it's bad enough you've been lied to...but it's even worse when the 'other' is not a woman but a man!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I dont get it...why is it worse being dumped for a guy rather than another woman? if they guy wants to be with another guy....he is dumping her not because of her looks or personality...but he is finaly being true to himself (perhaps). THere is no "what i do wrong"....trust me folks...there are a lot of men who mess around with men who are either married or who "think" that they are still straight.

IT is just as perplexing, frustrating from the gay side as well...TRUST ME.

I appreciate the original post tho. I have often thought of the day when i win the lottery that i have a couple of friends that i would like to help out...perhaps bring here to the US. However...not for exploitation....I would like to provide them with and education and chance to make something of themselves. But then again...if i won the mega millions....i guess neither of us would have to work and they would be happy to live in my penthouse...LOL

BUt seriously.....i would love to give this one guy (non sankie) Juan (the mute guy in boca chica....anyone familiar with BC probably know him...he is quite a popular character). I would love to try to find some way to get him some speach therapy and a real education. Just a wish of mine.

But for real...having met some great folks in the DR....I realize that a sankie is a sankie and the sankie is STAYS in the DR!!!. I have been friends with a sank for about 4 years....he does not call me and pester me for $$ when i am in the US....and he knows that i know what his game is. I thought about trying to bring him here....for about a minute. He is a great guy...has lots of ideas of what he would like to do with his life...and we have great times and conversation....but in the end he IS a sankie. ANd I think once a sankie....its difficult to loose that hustler mentality.

dunno what my point is....cept that i agree.....keep the fantasy F@#* a fantasy.

Sorry to hear about your friends story tho. That really stinks. And i will think twice before entertaining such thoughts in the future.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Your friend was played for a real sucker (pun intended).

Larry

Last edited:

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Musicqueen said:
...THIS SHOULD ALSO BE AGAINST THE LAW...unfortunately, very hard to prove and persecute...

I read all over this board about the freedom people enjoy in DR and how in North America and Europe the government is always telling you what to do and there are too many laws. Now we want our government to create new laws to protect us from the big bad sankies. Your friend got suckered but no one forced him to spend thousands of dollars on a relationship. Now you want consumer protection. As if, spending thousands of dollars should somehow guarantee true love. People date and marry people, they don't give two sh*ts about, for financially gain all the time. It is the risk we take when we try to buy love. People will continue to go to DR to find love among the poor because they believe that their financial superioty over their mates will bring certain guarantees that they won't get at home. The problem is, if you are willing to throw money at a relationship there will always be someone who will take you up on your offer and often it won't be the most scrupulous person.

xicadasilva1

Oct 14, 2004
I Truly Agree

xamaicano said:
I read all over this board about the freedom people enjoy in DR and how in North America and Europe the government is always telling you what to do and there are too many laws. Now we want our government to create new laws to protect us from the big bad sankies. Your friend got suckered but no one forced him to spend thousands of dollars on a relationship. Now you want consumer protection. As if, spending thousands of dollars should somehow guarantee true love. People date and marry people, they don't give two sh*ts about, for financially gain all the time. It is the risk we take when we try to buy love. People will continue to go to DR to find love among the poor because they believe that their financial superioty over their mates will bring certain guarantees that they won't get at home. The problem is, if you are willing to throw money at a relationship there will always be someone who will take you up on your offer and often it won't be the most scrupulous person.
In D.R you see these old farts running around with really preety girls,or guys for that matter, who just so happen to be extremely poor. These disgusting men or women believe that they can buy love and happiness from these poor people because they have so much more money than them. Little do they know that as soon as they take them out of their poverty infested neighborhood or town, and bring them oversees they just drop their sugar daddy like a bad habit. I have yet to hear of a fairy tale ending that has to do with a poor girl or guy from DR and these disgusting men and women that try to "BUY" them..... The same goes to these young guys and girls (mostly guys) who actually change their sexuality(If u know what I mean) in order to get out of DR...Its is so funny because There are so many men that want to act all manly here in the US...but when you come to find out they used to take it up the u know what in exchange for trips and money...Thats a different topic..lets not even get into that ;)

Brooke

May 25, 2004
Freedom

I don't know about everyone else, but I sure enjoy my FREEDOM here in the
good ole USA!! Only the criminals think there are too many laws!!

xamaicano said: