AA Increases International Fares $30-50

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I wonder why they bother?

If any industry has more totally indecipherable pricing than airlines I don't know what - so they should just change the price which they do about 50 times a day , and keep mum about it. Announcing this just irritates people and they will do it anyway.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Signaling

They announce prices, so that all the other airlines will match the increase.

American today, everyone else tomorrow.

-Helpmann

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Continental

helpmann said:
They announce prices, so that all the other airlines will match the increase.

American today, everyone else tomorrow.

-Helpmann

Continental seems to have added $15 to it's fares to the Dominican Republic.

JD

duhtree

Jun 2, 2003
You are right! It's totally confusing.
I looke3d all over the internet for reasonable fore to either POP OR sdq from mia. all were in the 5 hundred dollar range. What?? then I call my travel agent that I use most often. Bang! $259.34 mia-pop round trip. Go figure.
Oh yeah. I get $50.00 off each ticket by paying a $29.00 annual fee for that privilage. Go figure.

Juan

Apr 22, 2003
duhtree said:
You are right! It's totally confusing.
I looke3d all over the internet for reasonable fore to either POP OR sdq from mia. all were in the 5 hundred dollar range. What?? then I call my travel agent that I use most often. Bang! $259.34 mia-pop round trip. Go figure.
Oh yeah. I get $50.00 off each ticket by paying a $29.00 annual fee for that privilage. Go figure.

I would like to know where you got a 260.00 rt MIA to POP

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
You see most of the travel agency, their make fake reservation with a special rates to block the space, thats why when someone call the airlines the dont have that class of fare avlaiable for you, and...you only have the choice to paid 500.00RT ticket.

Thats how its work.

Also because the high season been to close, now fares go up like 20% and for dicember their will reduce maybe 10% of those fares.

mike775103

Aug 25, 2004
try the charter airlines

I'm coming to DR in December. I also had a bad time finding a good flight. Even the expensive ones had 15 hour layovers in various cities. I would have had to travel for about 25 to 30 hours to get from Minneapolis to anywhere in the DR. If I lived in Miami or New York, I would have had a better selection. Still, they were all expensive; $700+.
I ended up flying from Chicago to SDQ for about $350, on Spirit Airlines. If I had been more flexible on my dates, I could have had a $287 round trip. This made it cheaper than my February flight to Cozumel. The other reasonable flights were on Jet Blue or Ryan International Airlines. Anything on the major airlines was out of the question.
Spirit also has a portal/hub in Fort Lauderdale. If you are in the Miami area, it might be a better option for you.