Bani

joeb

Oct 17, 2004
was planning a visit to BANI next month and would like to know the name of a hotel there

aos

Dec 10, 2003
Hotel Caribani. It is in the center of town near the plaza, courthouse and fire station and just around the corner from the Verizon call center. Telephone number is 522-3871. No one there speaks english but a number of people in town do. Caribani charges about RD750/day if they haven't raised their rates. Give this place a try if you MUST stay in Bani.

There is Hotel Alba which offers sleeping rooms for about US$10-11. It is near Daneris Mercado. Tel. 522-3590 or 380-0083. (not so sure about these telephone numbers are still current).
Also in Bani you will find a small comedor-hotel just oposite the children's playground as well as Hotel Paulini and Hotel Pek2 on the west end of town near the Isla gas station. Avoid all of these !

little Joe

May 3, 2005
Why at the end of your information you wrote "Avoid all of these" are these hotels not a good place to stay?

aos

Dec 10, 2003
When I say avoid I mean these places are ready made sets for B-grade slasher movies. Just go by and have a look for yourself.
You can also stay in Santo Domingo and take the mini-bus to Bani daily. It takes one hour one-way and wil cost you about $4 round trip.
Bani is a nice quite sleepy town on the coast. One of the cleanest towns in the DR. I was put off by a few idiots who felt thet thet had to walk around with an open display of guns. Despite that the place is pretty civil.

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
bani do not have a lot to offer speccially when it comes to hotel and food,however if you are not a dominican or a dominican descent bani is not for u, here is the reasoning a cheapo motel eight will charge you anythiong from 28 to 42 dls a night,you end up paying about 25 to stay in this city, left alone that you may feel very unsafe unless accompany by a dominican of any sex,be carefull if you chose a female may increase your chances to be in harm way unless you know that person, stay in a great hotel in santo domingo wake up rested pay the extra dls and enjoy,rent a taxi tip the guy good you will be god to him and not one will even come close to you.

ahogachivo

Oct 5, 2006
Why at the end of your information you wrote "Avoid all of these" are these hotels not a good place to stay?

means this are the places where most prostitutes and low life take their kill for the night,watch 4 fights drunks and over drunks doing their things peeing in the sidewalks and more

justurcat

Apr 1, 2007
Finquitas Gloria
Is anyone familiar with this area of Bani? I would like to know how much is the land around that area. Thanks!