driver

paradise

Oct 18, 2004
Hi,
I need to hire a driver/tour guide while I'm down there. We'll be staying at Playa Dorado.
I hear the best way to get to the hotel/airport is to just get your own driver?
I also want a day trip into the countryside, Santiago and some spots in Puerto Plata (this will be spread out over 2 weeks). We won't be getting on the tour buses loaded with tourists.
I'd like to find someone now (since I need to arrange transportation from the airport) and to have someone reliable to use whenever we want to go somewhere of distance. Good English is a must, we're working on our spanish but have heard it might be difficult understanding in DR because of linguistic differences.
We are geniuinely people who are interested in seeing the nontourist spots of DR. I would like to find someone to drive my daughter and I around who we can develop a mutually respectful relationship with who won't price-gouge me (not because I'm cheap, but because we're on a budget).
I am checking into to charitable organizations there, and we'll be bringing down as much donation as we can, so if this driver has knowledge in this area (such as areas that need it the most), it would be helpful. This isn't toally necessary though, as I'm sure I can find other people there to help me with this.
Thanks for your help.

paradise

Oct 18, 2004
driver- info needed

I forgot the most important part of my post- to ask if you know of a driver/tour guide who looks like it's a good fit for us, please post or PM me.
thanks