ATM machine rip off

modonnell3030

Oct 21, 2004
On September 16th I used the Banco Progersso ATM in Cabarete. I aked for 3000, then 2000 two times. Money was never issued, but my account was debited. A few days later my friend in Gasper Hernandez had the same problem from a Bab Reservas machine. Is anyone having a similar problem?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
ATM Rip-offs

I had that happen to me two years ago. I took all the transaction receipts and my bank statement to my home bank. They traced the lack of funds to Santo Domingo (Progreso's Head Office) and Progreso reimbursed my account. My receipts did not reflect the withdrawal. I was told it is a hiccup in the transmission lines (not entirely unbelievable given the phone/data line problems, still ongoing). Hope you kept all your paperwork. Good luck!

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
same problem

the last month I went to a ATM machine at Reservas bank, I ask for 1000 pesos but the machine didnt gave me that, so I asked again for 1000 pesos more and then the machine gave the 1000 pesos, in my account appear that I did twice transactions but I just got 1000 pesos :angry: , I got very mad and I went to the Reservas Bank, they said that they dont work with internationals, so I lose my 1000 pesos, sometimes that sh*t happend at the reservas bank, becareful when you use those ATM machine.

jcarn

Jun 28, 2004
i think the moral of the story is....

when the machine doesnt give you the money the first time around....

find another ATM! ;)

OnlyOneRM

Oct 6, 2004
When these prolems occur, it's no use to contact the local bank. Your home bank, where you have your account, will take care of the problem.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
...and keep your receipt slips, especially when there was no transaction. This happened to me many years ago on my first ever visit to the DR. My bank at home reimbursed the full amount because I was able to send them copies of the slips.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Happened to me...

you call your bank and give them the transaction information and they will credit your account.

My question is if there is not a system in place whereby the system discovers the mistake and refunds your account. I mean, it is just numbers. Are does the system do that?

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
i had the same problem for 4 or 5,000 pesos at the sosua atm in the supermarket. didn't even get a receipt. no money either. money was back in my account a few days later.