Real Estate Section ? Sneak Preview!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Over the next few weeks we will be testing a new Real Estate section on DR1.

http://dr1.com/realestate/

We currently have a 120+ listings and will be adding many more over the next few weeks. Primarily the North Coast right now as we have been working with Juan Perdomo (Century 21) to get up and running. We have another 200+ listings still to add from other parts of the country, bear with us.

What you see is a preview release of the software we have written, we will be adding more features over the next few weeks. The listings are live and you can respond to them if you?re interested in a particular property.

You cannot currently add a listing as we have disabled this feature why we are in test mode. This will be available soon, along with some very nice tools if you do decide to list your property.

We have tried to make the site as clean and as easy to use as possible.
Making it simple is the hard part!

Please post or PM/email me any feedback you have.

Does it load fast?
Is it easy to understand?
Does the navigation work?
We should be doing this?
etc etc etc?

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It loaded pretty fast considering I'm on dialup. I'm glad to see the sq. feet as well as sq. meters.

I like the section about buying, search titles and condo laws. It makes things clear to people that perhaps have never bought before and have no idea of the procedure.

Looks good

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Robert

It seems to be well organized at first glance. Once you have added additional listings around the country I am sure that it will be a resource for those in the market for housing in the Dominican Republic.

Good Luck!

JD

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Anna Coniglio said:
It loaded pretty fast considering I'm on dialup. I'm glad to see the sq. feet as well as sq. meters.

I like the section about buying, search titles and condo laws. It makes things clear to people that perhaps have never bought before and have no idea of the procedure.

Looks good

Thanks. I'm going to add some conversion tools as well, so it will be easy to work out areas/sizes etc.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Jersey Devil said:
It seems to be well organized at first glance. Once you have added additional listings around the country I am sure that I will be a resource for those in the market for housing in the Dominican Republic.

Good Luck!

JD

That's our plan ;)

GringoDiablo

Nov 8, 2003
Finally

Rob, nice layout, very easy to navigate. I'm glad to see the "tommy Vercetti" mansion is still available. I'll keep saving!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
GringoDiablo said:
Rob, nice layout, very easy to navigate. I'm glad to see the "tommy Vercetti" mansion is still available. I'll keep saving!

Thanks! What we think works, doesn't always work out.
That's why the feedabck is good, keep it coming.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Opps, I changed something and forgot to change the link in my post.
Try now, all is working ok.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chris said:
Nice Robert! Just a thought - perhaps you can distinguish between long term rentals and vacation rentals? and also, possibly a search function on price?

The search is a work in progress.

Right now if you select "Sorted Listings" you can list prices in descending or ascending order.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Excellent, Robert

VERY easy to use. One suggestion. When adding additional search features, how about by the date they were listed on this sight. That way we don't have to look through hundreds of listings to determine what we have or have not seen before. What do you think?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Camden Tom said:
VERY easy to use. One suggestion. When adding additional search features, how about by the date they were listed on this sight. That way we don't have to look through hundreds of listings to determine what we have or have not seen before. What do you think?

What's on the way?

In the search we are looking to find listings within a certain date range, just like you suggested.

Email service that will automatically email you when listings are added.

Wish list, so you can select a bunch of listings, then go back and look at those listings.

Printable spec sheets.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know.

Rob.

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Question 4U

Robert,

The site is excellent and loads instantly with Roadrunner. Would you please clarify how it will work.

Will all the listings go through Century 21, Juan Perdomo, or can you list your property individually as an owner/seller. Assuming that you can list individually, will there be a fee payable to DR1 for doing so.

Again, this is an excellent service and in my opinion very needed too. I look forward to hearing more info on how it will work. Thanks

Jack

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
jwampler said:
Robert,

The site is excellent and loads instantly with Roadrunner. Would you please clarify how it will work.

Will all the listings go through Century 21, Juan Perdomo, or can you list your property individually as an owner/seller. Assuming that you can list individually, will there be a fee payable to DR1 for doing so.

Again, this is an excellent service and in my opinion very needed too. I look forward to hearing more info on how it will work. Thanks

Jack

We are using Juan Perdomo's, plus a few other peoples listings to test the site.

December it will be open to all to list their property for a fee.

More on this over the coming weeks.

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Thanks Robert

Great to hear your reply!!!! Sounds terrific to me.

I'll look forward to listing my property(s) with you when the site is ready. Look forward to hearing the details and would like to do so as an individual seller. Thanks again,

Jack Wampler

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
New Features...

Email Alerts:
You will be emailed when new listings are added, plus any other important information relating to real sstate in the Dominican Republic.

Search Listings:
Now you can select various criteria and find exactly what you're looking for.

Features & Amenities:
A fast way to see exactly what the property offers.
(This is only available for newly updated listings)

Conversion Tools:
So you can work out what a sq meter is in feet etc.

Helpful Documents:
Buying Property, Title Searches and Condo Laws.

That's it for now. More cool stuff is on the way :classic:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Very nice! On the search, the date range is a little confusing - date range property listed? or what? possibly a little clearer description here...

Also, I take it that your data is test data? If yes, ignore the following...
If no, you may have a problem with your search algorithm if one selects by type, and then select restaurants.

But overall really easy, friendly and quick.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chris said:
Very nice! On the search, the date range is a little confusing - date range property listed? or what? possibly a little clearer description here...

Also, I take it that your data is test data? If yes, ignore the following...
If no, you may have a problem with your search algorithm if one selects by type, and then select restaurants.

But overall really easy, friendly and quick.

Text changed, thanks.
Table bug fixed, thanks.

Keep em coming :)