Family Immigration Issue What Would You Do.

Hawk7877

Oct 11, 2004
I'm a U.S. citizen and had petition for my spouse (DR) to immigrate to the U.S. 5 months ago. The case is pending being sent to the Consular in Santo Domingo. My problem is I was just informed that her two children (ages 7 yrs and 2 yrs) each would have to have form I-130s submitted to CIS if they are to accompany her. I originally had not done this because I thought listing them on her I-130 was sufficient. I'm going to submit the I-130s however, I was hoping that I would be able to have her and the children leave in the next 6-8 weeks. Aside from the lenghty process of the I-130 is there an alternative method I could pursue to have the kids able to leave in the next 6-8 weeks with the Mother vice waiting another 5-6 months for the entire I-130 immigration process to work. Perhaps a visitng visa??? Your comments please.

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
Hawk,

Email the following webgroup to sign up and post the same question. I think you will get lots of answers, since all the members of this webgroup are either going through the K-1 or K-3 process in the DR.

K-1visa_DR-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Hawk7877 said:
I'm a U.S. citizen and had petition for my spouse (DR) to immigrate to the U.S. 5 months ago. The case is pending being sent to the Consular in Santo Domingo. My problem is I was just informed that her two children (ages 7 yrs and 2 yrs) each would have to have form I-130s submitted to CIS if they are to accompany her. I originally had not done this because I thought listing them on her I-130 was sufficient. I'm going to submit the I-130s however, I was hoping that I would be able to have her and the children leave in the next 6-8 weeks. Aside from the lenghty process of the I-130 is there an alternative method I could pursue to have the kids able to leave in the next 6-8 weeks with the Mother vice waiting another 5-6 months for the entire I-130 immigration process to work. Perhaps a visitng visa??? Your comments please.