In which beach/town do you recommend in Samana area?

elemi

Oct 23, 2004
Hi again!

I think Samana will be the place to visit despite of Santo Domingo. But I?ve noticed that the bay has lots of different beaches where you can stay, so here go some questions:

1) which area would you recommend to stay while in Samana? My budget is very tight so I can?t afford more than U$S30 for a double room.
2) which affordable rooms/hostel would you recommend me?
3) would you recommend to hire a car (we are 2) to travel arround the bay? in that case how much would it cost to rent a car for a week? Are there buses you can use to travel along the bay or the only possibility is to take taxis?

Any other advice you can give be regarding Samana will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Emiliano

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That depends, are you adventerous?

If you are just the wee bit adventerous, you can find a place to stay in town and have a ball travelling by local transport all over the peninsula. Not kidding. There are places to stay in Saman? town that are dirt cheap...just ask some of the townspeople where to stay-most all of them speak English...

If you like, you can probably find a nice place to stay over in Las Galeras, too.
Go to the Italian place on the corner and ask the guy there. He knows a lot about the area...

Good luck and have a ball

HB