Red moon, Bosox win! Congratulations!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
When I went out to look at the red moon, which won't be seen again until 2007 or so, I noticed that there was not a soul out and about. The major avenues that run not far from the Hovel were deserted and my street did not see a car for over 5 minutes..

Totally deserted. Everyone watching the World series...

HB :D:D:D

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
We did see the end of the series. Great for Boston!
And the red moon.
We were all out there looking at the moon together. We are in Wisconsin, and you are in Santiago.
How cool is that?
mkohn

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I bow my head!!!!

As a Sucks hater and since I always said that they will win again when "hell frezees over", now I have to eat my words and, even thought "hell froze over only up my axx", I have to eat my pride and bite my tongue and say:

Con..con.. con.. CONGRATULATION RED SOX (Yes Sox, not Sucks like I have been calling the teams for over 30 years). They played a much better game and they deserved to win. They played better than my beloved Yankees and they kicked our axxes. There I said it, errrr, I can not wait to hate them with a passion tomorrow!!!!. But at least today it's their day. Congrats!!!.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Well Done

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champions!

For the rest of us, it's wait until next year.

Maybe now the Patriots will lose. LOL.

JD

DomLou

Jun 10, 2004
Generations!

We have waited a long time for this. Being from New England originally, it is hard to imagine how many generations and players have come and gone in the time since our last World Championship. Tonight is a night for celebration for us, and we have great respect for the mighty Yankees and Cardinals, but tonight is our night, and we will enjoy it!!! GO SOX!! CAMPEONES!!! :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Aw, Shucks

Originally Posted by Victor Laszlo (10-21-2004)

OK! Now let's go out there and blow that Series!

Gee, guess I was wrong. Too bad. ;)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Shower me with the glory!

Ahhh, that feels so good.

I went through that last thread that was closed, and it's so wonderful. Wonderful that all you Saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwx haters are hating life right now.

I'm still getting over the Yanks series, I think I'm going to enjoy this for a while.

I'm just so thankful that my mom, the one who showed me the love of our team, is still battling and breathing to enjoy this most precious moment.

Thanks mom.

Thank you Pedro and Manny and David, you were wonderful?and thank you Saaaaaaaaawxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!

And of course, Thank You Dominican Republic, it wouldn't have been possible without that pile of coral.

"Good time for an 8 game winning streak!"

Last edited:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Elsewhere...

Elsewhere includes the Dominican Republic -- a tiny country that has produced a prodigious number of Major League ballplayers. In the Caribbean nation, people were cheering for the Red Sox, even though the New York Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals have Dominican players of their own.

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWXXXX!!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Congratulations, indeed!!!

Forget about the kid that lost his two front teeth and lived in Ruth's house or the Full/Red/Lunar eclipse of last night...

The Saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwx won fair and square...they were the better team in all of the postseason...

That goes to show you that MONEY doesn't buy a WORLD SERIES RING, even though Huizenga DID buy the best players in '97...the DAMN YANKEES have had the best players for the last few years and still couldn't do anything against the 'poor old' Marlins or the MIGHTY RED SOX!!!

I personally think the MVP should have gone to Schilling...the man played and won with a bloody ankle!!!

But Manny is a great representative of what the Sox are all about...and I congratulate him and the rest of the guys...

David, Pedro, Lowe, even Arroyo, Bellhorn, well...everyone!

I must admit I now have a favorite Sox player though...I think he's soooo cute!! With those beautiful Japanese eyes...DAVE ROBERTS...(born in Okinawa, Japan)...is my new crush!!!

GO Saaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwx!!!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hillbilly said:
When I went out to look at the red moon, which won't be seen again until 2007 or so, I noticed that there was not a soul out and about. The major avenues that run not far from the Hovel were deserted and my street did not see a car for over 5 minutes..

Totally deserted. Everyone watching the World series...

HB :D:D:D
Does this mean that Boston will win again in 2007?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Congratulations Red Sox fans...I never thought I'd live to see the day. I actually grew to like the Red Sox and was rooting for them in the series. Interesting bunch of characters they are. This is a confusing time for us yankee fans. There was an order to the universe before. It was Yankees 1, Red Sox 2. Now that has been overthrown and the order is in disarray. Next season will carry a different tone as the Yankees are the ones who will be trying to topple the Sox. Should be interesting.

Larry

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Yes, it should be interesting...

Larry said:
Congratulations Red Sox fans...
Should be interesting.
Larry
Should be really interesting on opening day in Fenway next year?when we raise the bannerS and don the rings - as the MFY's observe from the 3rd base dugout, as they are serenaded (likely) with chants of "2000"!

Served cold. ;)

bill p

Aug 18, 2003
sox

miguel said:
As a Sucks hater and since I always said that they will win again when "hell frezees over", now I have to eat my words and, even thought "hell froze over only up my axx", I have to eat my pride and bite my tongue and say:

Con..con.. con.. CONGRATULATION RED SOX (Yes Sox, not Sucks like I have been calling the teams for over 30 years). They played a much better game and they deserved to win. They played better than my beloved Yankees and they kicked our axxes. There I said it, errrr, I can not wait to hate them with a passion tomorrow!!!!. But at least today it's their day. Congrats!!!.

thank u , and yes they did kick your ***

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I decided to watch the game in Boston....to take in this historic event...I drove around city after the game...tens of thousands of mainly young people in a daze, roaming the streets...afoot and in cars....a smile glued on every face....strangers hugging strangers...video cameras everywhere..orderly chaos...everyone drunk with incredulity.

and, of course, the only car that was driving on the wrong side of the road (Mass Ave, no less) was full of Dominicans waving the homeland flag.

Scorpion

Aug 5, 2004
Larry said:
Congratulations Red Sox fans...I never thought I'd live to see the day. I actually grew to like the Red Sox and was rooting for them in the series. Interesting bunch of characters they are. This is a confusing time for us yankee fans. There was an order to the universe before. It was Yankees 1, Red Sox 2. Now that has been overthrown and the order is in disarray. Next season will carry a different tone as the Yankees are the ones who will be trying to topple the Sox. Should be interesting.

Larry

Going to be agreat year for Massachusettes:

1 Red Sox World Champs
2 Pat World Champs
3 J Kerry President

Tordok

Bronze
Oct 6, 2003
As a lifelong baseball fan I have enjoyed this championship like few others. My congratulations to Bosox nationals. The whole team raised to a mystical dynamic where you knew, that in a parallel universe, the Red Sox had already won the whole deal after forcing the Yanks into collapse last week. Cleef et al, You now have a modern-era winning team and can claim legitimacy against the other world champs on the AL East, the *&*%#! Yankees, the Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles (sorry, Tampa Bay). That a contingent of stellar Dominican players in Red Sox uniforms contributed in amazing ways to this victory is just icing on the cake for us Dominican baseball partisans (sorry Pujols). Its great that our boys (Manny, Papi and Pedro) were part of restoring glory to a dignified, but chronically futile club. This October was one of the great moments in the sport. That Theo Epstein kid is probably gonna have an endowed academic chair named after him at MIT... in Alchemy (the elusive winning formula) or Astrology (lunar eclipse and all...), or have statue next to Paul Revere's....LOL.

- Tordok

(Orioles fan, taking my birds hat off to Boston)
*the O's are just a couple of quality pitchers away from contending against the "big boys" up north; watch out in a couple of seasons.....

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Armageddon

The prophecy is true, it clearly states in all those prophecy books once the RedSoxs win the World Series the world shall end!!!!

Damn Dominicans!!!!

Capo, :eek:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I cannot wait for April 11 to come, the day the Yanks are forced to watch the World Series Champions banner being raised at Fenway. No one deserves that slap in the face more; I sure hope A-Rod feels proud of himself everytime he sees himself on the re-runs, slapping the ball out of Arroyo's hand. Hopefully, he doesn't confuse his heritage anymore and keeps proclaiming he's American, not Dominican. Dominicans don't need another *** out there representing them in a bad way. Class? I don't think so...

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
The Horror!

Nightmare scenario.

Imagine on opening day at Fenway, Pedro gets his ring?and he's in pinstripes.

To top it off, "....and now warming up in the Yankees bullpen, today's starter... Derek Lowe...."

To me, that's what The Boss will try hard to accomplish.