New trips to DR

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
La empresa Spirit Airlines, la m?s grande de capital privado de los Estados Unidos, anunci? el inicio de operaciones hacia territorio Dominicano. La Spirit Airlines es la aerol?nea l?der en tarifas econ?micas en los Estados Unidos. Iniciara operaciones a partir del 18 de Noviembre, en ruta directa diaria desde Santo Domingo hacia Fort Lauderdale, sirviendo el ?rea de la ciudad de Miami y el sur del Estado de la Florida, siendo centro de conexiones hacia otras ciudades de los Estados Unidos y Canc?n, M?xico

New airline flying to DR as of Nov 18 from FLL in S. Flo, hopefully the more airlines we get flying to DR the cheaper tickets will get. Every time i have to pay almost 400 dols from Miami when i used to pay 250 -300 from NY gives me a headache, knowing that i am so much closer to DR from Miami.

Planes type 32 MD-80, 144 passengers

Lets see what happens now, maybe more specials will come from all the airlines trying to get the customers to fly with them and we will be able to enjoy a nice affordable price to complement our vacations in DR. My beloved home. Extra?o mi tierra.

EM23 :bandit:

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Yeap Master!!!

hey totally agree with maestro!!!!

i booked a flight for some family from FLL to SDQ in THE MIDDLE OF FREAKIN DECEMBER its less than 300 dollars... incredible.... Trhu the WEB spiritairlines.com

Spirit really brings great affordability to us dominicans.....

hey... American Airlines ROCK but we needed some more airlines to FLorida....

Hope they come soon to STI man.....

STIOP

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
sorryyy

oopppss sorry

didn`t remember that when u book trhu their website it CLEARLY states that the rate they give u is only valid for 15 min....

just looked up.... 18dec to 31 dec....... 310 for the fare + taxes rounds up to 417 dollars.... oooopppsss

chose the morning and afternoon flights...

personally, although is high season would have to state that is kinda high....

STIOP

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
I recently purchased a ticket from Spirit for 12/11-1/8 for $255.60 after tax. I have been checking the rates weekly ever since Spirit announced its flights to SDQ and the price for my dates did not increase as far as I remember. From what I have checked, if you want to get good rates, you must choose a return date after 1/4.

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
JDub said:
I recently purchased a ticket from Spirit for 12/11-1/8 for $255.60 after tax. I have been checking the rates weekly ever since Spirit announced its flights to SDQ and the price for my dates did not increase as far as I remember. From what I have checked, if you want to get good rates, you must choose a return date after 1/4.

Yeah usually after JAN 6 ( AFTER "Reyes" ) and during the summer time ( Late Aug, early Sept ) is when air fares start to go down because all the people that came for holidays and vacations are going back and all the kids or College students go back because of the beginning of classes so since the demand for tickts go down on those dates the airlines lower their prices.

EM 23 :bandit:

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Spirit also has one way fares I believe

A few days ago I looked it up for a family member and if I remember right, you can buy a one-way ticket from Fort Lauderdale to Santo Domingo for about $150.

Not a bad deal.