Pay Less Car Rental

BRAITHWAITE

Aug 6, 2003
Recently rented a car from payless outside of SDQ. They gave me a car that had barely functioning brakes, gas-like vapour shooting out of the vents, loose steering, and other things I can't remember.

I returned the car the same day and was given another. When I returned that car they charged me for the gas I used to return the first one. They also charged me the equivalent of $45 for a 2 year old cheap hubcap that fell off.

The clerk moved in slow motion and didn't speak english. (I speak spanish well but like to switch to english when I argue). I almost missed my flight. Next time I will go to thrifty.

Bottom line: with a dominican company there is no accountability. I had to except it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sorry to hear about your problems. We do try and point out to people that to be on the safe side they should rent with one of the better known rental companies.

Try National next time.

BRAITHWAITE

Aug 6, 2003
Robert said:
Sorry to hear about your problems. We do try and point out to people that to be on the safe side they should rent with one of the better known rental companies.

Try National next time.

Thanks

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Have done some investigating

I agree! Go for one of the more reputable companies. That way at least you will feel a bit more safe as to what the grand total will be at the end of your trip. Also, if you compare the Hertz and the National, are not so much more expensive.
We have at times people working on short term basis here in DR and have learned the hard way that it is worth the 3 -5 USD extra per day...

Jesse

*** Spammer! ***
Jan 9, 2005
Next time go to Adventure

Nice to see your still spamming DR1 with Adventure Renta Car ads.

If I see one more post on this board from you, I will delete all the past ones and any future ones that relate to Adventure. Even if you psoted them or not.

You may have just lost this rental car company a huge amount of future business.

Last edited by a moderator: