Tell me he is kidding!!!!!!! Whores on El Conde.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Fuss over Colonial City nightlife
Santo Domingo's Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez would like to shut down the bars and restaurants that have turned the capital's Colonial City into a nocturnal hotspot for fun-seekers. The cardinal is particularly displeased with Mankala and Abacus, two bars that lie directly in front of the La Altagracia church. The cardinal says these establishments have turned the colonial zone into a "whorehouse" and denigrate the city as a whole, as reported in the press. He said that he favors closing every business that needs to be closed and sending their owners home ? and if the owners are foreigners, then they can return to their own countries, he said.

Most of the Bars do not cater to the Hookers!!!! They may have lots of drinking and loud music, but in general they do not encourage the hooker trade. Another thing our good Cardinal needs to keep his nose out of!! :devious:

He must not have walked down El Conde lately, thats where to find the whore's or as AZB would say the UBH's

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Cardinal Nicolas Lopez Rodriguez "especially the homosexual whorehouses."

It's sad when the church get's in the way of real development.
Especially when after many years of "no life", the place finally gets "some life".

The Cardinal, should leave the development of the Colonial Zone to the people that have a vested interest in making it a tourist hub and a success.

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Heed Father Rogelio's advise....

Our flamboyant cardinal should really heed Father Rogelio's advise (he really let the cardinal have it in a letter yesterday) and worry more about the church's concern, or lack of, with the poor's lot in life in the DR. As in all hierarchies, the Cardinal moves around in the highest circles and never, ever, is seen with the people, the common people, as should be according to the alleged purpose of the church.

I think most Dominicans are tired of the Cardinal's pronouncements and wish he did a lot more 'church-work' or moved to the Vatican and gave another bishop a chance.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
!

I'm sorry for my disrespect to the cardinal, but I think its time for Rome to call its cardinals and ask them to flock back to Rome!

This guy is really getting in places he should not be getting into. The DR government needs to remove the Catholic church from oficialdom and disasociate it self from the church.

Division of church and state, that would be a blessing!

I have always said it, the church should worry more about saving lost souls than closing bars or ridiculing people!

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I said it elsewhere:

Gar?on, there's a religion in my state!

I second the motion of Cardinal L?pez moving to Rome ASAP. What with the pope almost ready to keel over, that may increase the good Cardinal's chances of ascending to popehood (I slay me!). In fact, I would even pitch in to buy him the plane ticket.

I find him particularly disgusting as a person. But that may be just me.

Say, how does one go about getting excommunicated these days?