Will there ever be Justice in the Baniter collapse & where's the money?

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Despite the DR exchange rate stabelizing, there are many long term scars left from the collapse of Banniter. For me , I know a DR is like one big small town, and every one talks so I can't imagine any one that does not know of a person or business that could hide the fact that they got a "gift" ( i.e. bribe ) fom the Baniter. Why not be agressive in recouping this money. I mean (ok I understand the ironic nature of this) . . but Leonel could get a bill (bu his own government) for the bullet proof SUV he got from Baniter . . . etc. I mean, if your going to extract a high price in the recover, can't we at least make sure that those who benifitted from curruption pay the highest price? So next time someone is givin a free Helicopter they stop to think. In the US there are what are known as "wistle blower" laws, that give 10% of the money re-couped to the "wistle blower". Maybe it's time to place a reward like that in the DR?
True "wistle blower" laws in the US primarily apply to military contractors, but I think a modified law like this could exist in the DR.

-Lee

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Again... what you are living through right now is not a surprise. This is the result of the actions of Mejia and now Fernadez. Mejia stole your money and now Fernandez is assuring that the middle and lower classes pay for it.

Fernandez should not honor all those usurious debts from Mejia.

Fernandez is not on the side of the average Dominican dweller!!! He is on the side of those people/institutions that can give him US$... Let's get that through our thick heads!!

Remember the "tax reform". That was just code word for escalating taxes....especially those paid by the common folk.

Now we are witnessing the "stabilizing of the exchange rate". This is code word for : lowering the exchange rate in order to pay less for the US$ that are flowing back in the country.

Here is a prediction:

1)once Fernandez pays back a Mejia's debt that is coming due over the next year.
2) once he re-negotiates the debt to make it payable further out in the future.
3) once these pay raises (20%,30%,80%) start to filter through the economy.
4) you will see inflation back and a significant reversal in the current trend in the DR$.
5) I look for this to happen sometime in the middle of next year.