Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Punta Cana Airport ( PUJ ) Taxi Rates

Post Thanks / Like

Default taxi at Punta Cana Airport

I was a little nervous to get a taxi from Punta Cana to Melia Caribe Tropical (12 miles). This forum did help a lot to know what different people experienced and the standard rates so I decided to take the risk of not making any taxi bookings and go with the pink shirt "mafia" taxi..

I must say we had no problems at all and the pink shirt taxi driver was very courteous and did not charge us any extra money. The standard rate was $25 and I ended up tipping anather $3 because our driver was very courteous and prompt. No waiting...no picking up other passengers..no problems whatsoever.

On our way back we reserved our taxi via the hotel with some private taxi which was not the "pink shirt". This taxi ended up picking up other passengers from a nearby hotel and delayed our travel..the rate was the same $25 but we did not tip because of the delay.

Overall I would just go with the pink shirt taxi..they are good!

Miami Nice!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was reading the prices for taxis from PUJ airport to the different hotels in the area...but the original post is from 2004...

Would anyone have any idea what the prices are now?

We're arriving in PUJ on May 22, my daughter, her husband, baby and grandma..for the first time together!!!

Would just about $30 each way to Bahia Principe be sort of the norm?

Thanks for the info...

MQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default what about busing?

All the taxi information is great although I would also like to know about more recent prices. I was also wondering if anyone had any idea about the busing rates and stops that they make. I was hoping to travel from punta cana to Jarabacoa. Thanks for the information

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

hi MQ,
    the Bahia principe is within your $30.- range and a cab you take from the airport, they are located right where you leave customs holding up signs(TAXI!!!), will never do a stop to pick up other customers.
    the above mentioned ride organizes by the hotel(or an hotel employee) seems to be a shuttle, so the rate was expensive.
    fairhaven:
    to travel around the island(Jarabacoa is in the center and min 6hrs from the punta cana area, one way) you should arrange directly with a cab driver, take only the ones located at the airport(inside), right at your hotel or at the public taxi points like e.g. at the Plaza Bavaro, they are all only two companies and reliable, pick out a driver who is speaking a good english and make your deal with him, they know their country so they are good guides too.
    have fun

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default Current Taxi Rates

Hello:

My family and I will be traveling to Punta Cana at the end of October 2006. Would you happen to know the current taxi rates from Punta Cana airport to Melia Caribe Tropical ?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Hello:

My family and I will be traveling to Punta Cana at the end of October 2006. Would you happen to know the current taxi rates from Punta Cana airport to Melia Caribe Tropical ?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Mark

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the Melia resort is close, rates are around $20.-
    Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default busses from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

Would anybody have information on public busses and transport from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana airport. I am travelling in about one week.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

hi Arrica,
    in santo domingoyou have to go to the "Parque Enriquillo", there are several bus stations at the same square for the different directions, ask for the bus to Higuey.
    in higuey they drop you at the bus station to catch the bus for Punta Cana. costs are around $4.- for the bus from santo domingo to higuey, an other $2.- for the one from higuey to the airport.
    there's an other bus service named "Expresso Santo Domingo Bavaro", they start from their office central santo domingo and also from that Parque Enriquillo, but they don't pass by the airport, anywys their service been going down a lot, so the first mentioned route are the better choice anyways between santo domingo and bavaro/punta cana.
    the whole trip will take 3 1/2 hrs.
    have fun
    Mike

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,
    Thanks for this info - would you know how late in the day (evening) the busses run? -I arrive into SD (centro, not airport) rather late in the afternoon

Arrica

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast