Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor...>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor...>

To be honest, I have not listened to the report. Typically, they hype "to be expected" bad behavior via corporate and national interests.

Here is the Democracy now article. . .

Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions

13 minute report . . . .

No copyrights are violate with this post.

Please not multipule vidio and audio formats are provided at the link.

Enjoy.

Editted to add: When I listen to this, and I think of the people Chaves accused of trying to assassinate him, (having tapes of them talking) and how the Chave's government said they we CIA linked yet they said they . . . "were only members of a private corporation . . . with no links.. . ." my hair stands on end.

This is not the first time I heard of this kind of operation from the inside.

-Lee

Last edited:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Mbna

This story reminds me of what MBNA did to me through credit cards.

Fascinating reading nonetheless.

Too bad only 49% of Americans will believe it.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
While I don't have that data, I do feel that Extractice Industry is the next big wave within Multi-lateral Financial Institutions that will increase the the number of poor people. Some in DR were definitely trying to get on the bandwagon on this. I saw the paper work. But lets see what will be the new admin's take on this...

Dolores said:
What about the export agencies, such as Eximbank. Would be interesting if someone could research the Eximbank support to US sales to the DR in the past eight years.

For more on export agencies and corruption worldwide, see http://www.environmentaldefense.org/documents/2495_ECAArticles.htm

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Everybody knows that!

I mean, how many times have I advocated for the DR to do things that many people here say "oh can't be done because its immoral" etc, but the US is doing!

It's like I always said, our problems as a country were not created by the Americans, but they sure are not helping us solve them, in the contrary, the problems have simply gotten bigger.

And, yes, the irrational governments we have been having are partially responsible for that, but why did the US allowed for such thing to continue? I mean, they were quick to get rid of Trujillo, right.

The same applies to most countries of the world, btw. Of course, to many folks here on DR1, I'm just an "anti-American".

Little did they know that I'm a bit of an insider, rather than an outsider making unbacked comments!

There are lots of stuff that I know about why certain political figures here in the DR do certain things that are obviously bad for the country and yet, the stronger countries of the world keep a blind eye to that. If I was to make public the info I know, I would most likely end up assasinated, no question about it.

It's good this guy is coming out with this information, somebody had to do it. Too many people out there making accusations to people who just have a bit of information that makes the difference between being ignorant and just being "in the know".

I'm glad he has done so and the same goes for Greg Palast in his book "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy". Of course, he don't live in the US (his native country anymore) out of fear for his life in addition to the fact that many high ranking people in the US have made it clear that he is not welcomed in HIS OWN COUNTRY for writing that book.

And a guy by the last name of Stiglitz was fired from the World Bank for making public the way they helped destroy Ecuador and Argentina and a few other places through their "Assistance Plans". The IMF was also caught red handed and they responded by callling him a liar, etc etc etc.

Interesting since before he made the info public, he was one of the most respected person in that in group of the World Bank/IMF.

People in general need to wake up and open their eyes, things are not always what they appear to be and all of these matters that are coming to life are nothing knew at all...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
deelt said:
While I don't have that data, I do feel that Extractice Industry is the next big wave within Multi-lateral Financial Institutions that will increase the the number of poor people. Some in DR were definitely trying to get on the bandwagon on this. I saw the paper work. But lets see what will be the new admin's take on this...

Here is a tip Deelt, such industry is not the next big wave, but rather, the wave is already upon everybody.

How do I know? Let's just say that a few of my acquaintances whom are well known powerful figures in the DR elitist circle have come to my family with that "proposition" coming from "the cold north".

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Who Won Which War?

There is an absurd notion going around inside the US that they were the winners of WW2 and therefore represent the power of liberty freedom and justice for all. When anyone with an 8th grade reading level in any other language and the intellegence that God gave turtles, can see that the United States is now being run by those powers which formerly controlled the Axis.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
Mussulini once said . . . .

mountainannie said:
There is an absurd notion going around inside the US that they were the winners of WW2 and therefore represent the power of liberty freedom and justice for all. When anyone with an 8th grade reading level in any other language and the intellegence that God gave turtles, can see that the United States is now being run by those powers which formerly controlled the Axis.

That Fascisum (sp is a bad name for the kind of government (his), and it should really be called "Corporatesium"

-Lee

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I folowed up on that Stgwitz reference and came up with this article

Reading some parts sends chills up my spine.

Remember How the DR sold Ed-Norte, and then bought it back for more ? . . .

Paraphrased:

Step One is Privatization - Stiglitz said could more accurately be called, ?Briberization.? Rather than object to sell-offs of state industries, he said national leaders - using the World Bank?s demands to silence local critics - happily flogged their electricity and water companies. "You could see their eyes widen" at the prospect of 10% commissions paid thrue Swiss bank accounts for simply shaving a few billion off the sale price of national assets.

A must read article . .

Bring themm into the "fold"

-Lee

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
There are lots of stuff that I know about why certain political figures here in the DR do certain things that are obviously bad for the country and yet, the stronger countries of the world keep a blind eye to that. If I was to make public the info I know, I would most likely end up assasinated.,

please call the news desk tonight

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since The Moderators Of This Forum Appear To Be "ASLEEP"So....

I will Take this opportunity(They are apparently now allowing Non-Dominican Related Posts here!)to say how proud I am That the American People,in their collective wisdom,have overwhelmingly re-elected George Bush and Dick Chaney!!!!!! Wow! 4 more years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will now how "Conni"as Sec.of State too! 'With Wolfowitz,and "Rummy" at defense!We can teach the whole World a few lessons!
First we destroyed the political future of Al Gore,aand now John Kerry can go back to sleep in the Senate!!!!

If the purpose of this thread is to blame the World's problems on the US,they the US should get credit for all the "Good" things!

USA!-USA!-USA!- USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CC A PROUD AMERICAN,in a STRANGE LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.