Hola

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Hola Todos
I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Bahia Principe in the last month or so. My frineds and I are planning to go back and were just wondering if they have changed thier animation team at all. The last I heard they had hired a whole new crew, but I was just wondering what happened to the old staff. If anyone can help me let me know!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I've never heard of anyone picking a hotel for the animation crew. Oh,I lie there was another thread with the same question. They move on, they get fired, laid off for a season, lots of reasons. They get married and leave the country ;) Who keeps track of these things?

Ok I'll go do something useful now. :bandit:

Chiquita

Oct 3, 2004
Going Back to DR and a little curious

I've been to the Bahia Principe a few times and became friendly with the staff. I've lost contact since my last trip and have become curious if my friends will still be there or if I will have to make new frineds this time around. I'm not basing my decision soley for the animation team. I like the hotel, I don't spend my whole trip on the resort, I travel and explore the other parts of Puerto Plata.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Chiquita said:
I've been to the Bahia Principe a few times and became friendly with the staff. I've lost contact since my last trip and have become curious if my friends will still be there or if I will have to make new frineds this time around. I'm not basing my decision soley for the animation team. I like the hotel, I don't spend my whole trip on the resort, I travel and explore the other parts of Puerto Plata.

My Sankiedar is going off big time!!!

Chiquita said:
Hola Todos
I was just wondering if anyone has been to the Bahia Principe in the last month or so. My frineds and I are planning to go back and were just wondering if they have changed thier animation team at all. The last I heard they had hired a whole new crew, but I was just wondering what happened to the old staff. If anyone can help me let me know!

OK OK Just tell us which guy it was that stole your heart!!! We will try to locate him.
Badpiece

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
Chiquita said:

This is hillarious.....................lol

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Crew??

Now PLEASE ....let us know what it was about the "crew" that makes you want to come back???

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Chiquita said:

Go ahead Chiquita,

Why dont ask the question?
Have you seen my sankie? I want to get in touch with him, he was fired
from the resort and I can't get in touch with him. Please help me find him...lol

That was all you had to say.

Don't worry, there are plenty more sankies where that one came from.

BETTYBOOP

Aug 8, 2004
Animacion Team

Chiquita, i know where you are coming from, not all people who talk about the workers who are in the hotels are talking about sankies! shockingly, :eek: tourists and hotel workers can be friends :eek: ! Some of my best friends in Rio San Juan have been people who worked in the hotel. Anyway i am not on here to start another dispute.

Back to your question Chiquita, when i last spoke to wilson the only guy he metioned who had left was Antonio and i THINK Aldenis, but i am not sure on that one. I know that Luciano, Ivan, Roberto, Baby J (Samuel), Hector, Deuhana, Maribel. If you want to know anything else, just mail me and i'll TRY and find out for you

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
BETTYBOOP said:
Chiquita, i know where you are coming from, not all people who talk about the workers who are in the hotels are talking about sankies! shockingly, :eek: tourists and hotel workers can be friends :eek: ! Some of my best friends in Rio San Juan have been people who worked in the hotel. Anyway i am not on here to start another dispute.

Back to your question Chiquita, when i last spoke to wilson the only guy he metioned who had left was Antonio and i THINK Aldenis, but i am not sure on that one. I know that Luciano, Ivan, Roberto, Baby J (Samuel), Hector, Deuhana, Maribel. If you want to know anything else, just mail me and i'll TRY and find out for you

Dam Bettyboop, I bet you dont even know your cousin's names as well as you know these guys.

Chica7

Sep 27, 2004
Hi guys, I just got back from Bahia, and I noticed that the animation team has changed quite a bit, Luciano, Tony, Antonio, Lenin, Ortega are all gone, and if I am not mistaking I think I heard that Roberto is leaving as well, but hey its still a great hotel, the last time I spoke to Wilson, he told me he is planning to leave very soon as well, that place won't be the same without Wilson.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Animation Team???

Where do these people get those fancy names from? Who makes them up? Animation Team indeed! Sounds like a bunch of freakin' puppets!! They're hotel staff who practice 'sankieism' on the side!

Chica7

Sep 27, 2004
He he

Peter & Alex said:
Where do these people get those fancy names from? Who makes them up? Animation Team indeed! Sounds like a bunch of freakin' puppets!! They're hotel staff who practice 'sankieism' on the side!

I agree about the sankieism, but one must not generalize some of them are hard working individuals, (this is rare, but hey some do exist) but about their names I am pretty sure that in most cases these are actually their real names or at least part of either their first, middle or last names, these names are quite common in the Dominican Republic, they are a part of the influx of the European colonial legacy into the region. Just recall the English names that most of the Chinese have, like Wendy and Thomas, they were transferred into the Chinese culture by way of English books and tales.