Cuba
Comores Islands
Cambodia
Bahrain
Armeni

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Of course many of these countries are unaccessible due to not being able to connect from SDQ to these end destinations without going through countries which require transit or tourist visas.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As I understand it

The US no longer issues "Transit Visas"

Is this true??

HB

Of course if you can afford to go to most of these countries ( The exception being Colombia and Peru), you can probably get a US visa anyway...

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
lSpeak for yourself! I am a lover of small islands and exotic places were ever they may be along the pacific or atlantic ocean.

Toronto2inDR said:
Who the hell wants to go to any of those places...well ok Argentina maybe to visit my family but the rest...Yeah right!

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Not True Ricktoronto
You could fly from DR to most Southamerican destination with Copaair via Panama city
and to many of the african,middle eastern and Asian destination of the list Using airlines such as airfrance,Iberia, and any combanition if airlines via their european hubs
Besides in most cases when transit visas are requiered they are usually much easier to obtain than regular visas

jorge_33

May 27, 2003
Toronto2inDR said:
Who the hell wants to go to any of those places...well ok Argentina maybe to visit my family but the rest...Yeah right!

Have you ever been in Punta del Este? (Uruguay) or Japan....???? I used to say the same thing about the DR and other small islands in the Caribean, but now my thinking is wayyy different. this planet is beautiful....but you'll never know until you get out more often and visit some other places..

Regards,

Jorge

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
PeachezNcream84 said:
What about Puerto Rico? Can't they go to Puerto Rico without a tourist visa?

The answer is NO. Puerto Rico falls under U.S. jurisdiction. In order for
Dominican citizens to travel there legally, they need a visa from the U.S.
consulate. :cry:

Nov 5, 2004
LatinoRican said:
The answer is NO. Puerto Rico falls under U.S. jurisdiction. In order for
Dominican citizens to travel there legally, they need a visa from the U.S.
consulate. :cry:

Oh! Too bad..me and my finacee were thinking of taking a cruise there for our honeymoon. I guess we will just end up going to Punta Cana for a week instead.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I would have thought that as a Dominican, he would have known that. All those people who pay thousands of dollars to cross to PR in rickety boats are not trying to save themselves the air fare!

Nov 5, 2004
Chirimoya said:
I would have thought that as a Dominican, he would have known that. All those people who pay thousands of dollars to cross to PR in rickety boats are not trying to save themselves the air fare!

Well I know as a young boy he visited there with his family.
But I hadn't told him the idea of going to Puerto Rico on a cruise yet..it was just something I was looking up.

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Donde...?

Most of the countries dominican are permitted visa free are far from the DR.
It appear the cuba would be the one of the closer ones.
I have a dominican friend whom I would like to travel with outside of the DR to one of those country that visas is not permitted.
Which on those countries would we be able to get to for around $300 bucks or less, on a direct flight or without having to go via the USA or a visa required country?

I've tried in getting prices for Cuba from the DR, but most of the website don't provide transaction for cuba

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Visas for groups of tourists/dominican spouses?

Just out of curiosity:
In Santo Domingo you can book group tours to e.g. Europe. A dominican friend of mine and her mother visited Europe like this 3 years ago in a group of 20 dominicans. They arrived in Paris and visited France, Belgium, Holland, Germany (all Shengen visa countries) and also Switzerland (outside Shengen, so extra visa needed). How do these travel agencies get visas for these people? I cannot imagine everyone needs a guarantor for each individual's visa. Are there special regulations for groups?
Also I have seen well-off brazilians, mexicans, etc travel on their own through Europe, certainly from countries who's citizens need travel visas? How do they get them?
For the expats married to or living together with a dominicana: Is it easier for her to get a tourist visa when she is travelling with you (who doesn't need a visa for US/Canada/Europe and who is likely to pay for the trip) or does this not make any difference or do you never travel anywhere together because off these visa problems?
Bartolomeo

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
TCIDR said:
Most of the countries dominican are permitted visa free are far from the DR.
It appear the cuba would be the one of the closer ones.
I have a dominican friend whom I would like to travel with outside of the DR to one of those country that visas is not permitted.
Which on those countries would we be able to get to for around $300 bucks or less, on a direct flight or without having to go via the USA or a visa required country?

I've tried in getting prices for Cuba from the DR, but most of the website don't provide transaction for cuba

Your friend could go to Ecuador without any visas but the round trip would cost more than $500 and there would be quite a few connections (but transit visas are not required for those connections).

TCIDR

Sep 7, 2003
Ecuador

What will be the route for Ecuador from DR without a connecting flights?
Surely you must have flights from DR to Cuba for less than $300? No? I also assume these must be directly flights since Cuba is not so far away for the DR?
Any airlines that provide that services it would be nice to know

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
it's to bad that those place are too far of us, as a nomal dominican we can save some money and take a look arround. Id like to go to some place where I dont need visa, Im planning for next year to go some nearby island, non puerto rico, maybe cuba, aruba or curacao.

There is an airline that has flights 3 times per week to cuba I dont remember the name.

duck

Mar 20, 2005
www.manley.de
Toronto2inDR said:

I just got back home to Manila after 2 weeks in the DR, and it is the first time in over 10 years I was actually glad to go home from the DR. I've been to about half of the places on the list and must say that is a pretty ignorant comment. Good to know I can invite my diver friends from the DR to the Philippines without worrying about getting visas.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Toronto2inDR said:

You obviously need to get out a bit more!!!!! Having been to some of the mentioned places (Asia, Africa, Middle East-wont be specific), there is a beautiful world out there to be discovered...and I am pleased I did all this before discovering the DR!!! I guess ignorance is bliss!!!!!