Jack Tar Golf, or else where- Fore

TorontoTourist

Nov 16, 2004
Hi, I will be staying at the Jack Tar AI this December for Christmas, wanted some info on the golf course near the resort, cost, quality and such, also is there any other courses near by that are reasonable.

Wanted to thank every one here for all the questions you have already answered for me by reading all your threads and replies, bored at work and learning lots! Can't wait. Wish I read these before booking my AI.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
http://www.playadoradagolf.com/

This course is okay but nothing special and not worth $65US greens fee IMO.
I would compare it to Parkview.
Add the cart, caddie, clubs, and drinks and it is an expensive round.
I usually get in a couple of 9s but I don't even bother taking my clubs any more. I just take my shoes, gloves, balls, ...
I like to go out just with a caddie and practice a bunch of shots.

Playa Grande is around 90 minutes drive and is apparently quite nice.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Golf

The course at Playa Dorada is a Robt. Trent Jones design, made for tourists.

It can play very long (close to 7000 yards with wind in your face on the toughest holes) or very short 6500 yards. If maintenence has been kept up under the new administration, it should be nice enough. Playa Grande is one of those "Must Play"courses. Absoultely stunning place. Like Pebble, you just have to play it to believe it.

An hour away is Santiago,La Aromas, a Pete Dye course hidden in Santiago. Let me know if you want to come down here and play, dirt cheap and "interesting".

HB :D:D:D

Festero

Dec 15, 2002
La Aromas!

Hillbilly said:
An hour away is Santiago,La Aromas, a Pete Dye course hidden in Santiago. Let me know if you want to come down here and play, dirt cheap and "interesting". HB :D:D:D

Interesting indeed. Course knowledge not only goes a long way... it's a requirement!

Thanks to HB and GB, got a look around last year. Hope to play it again upon next visit.

If you are a golfer, certain shots stay in your mind. On a short par 4... near the end, perhaps even the 17th, I had a very short shot to the green ... maybe 95 yds. BUT an enormous tree blocked the way, where it was a conservative extra stroke, or up over the tree.

Hit down hard, up and over, and got lucky...

Some shots just stay in your mind...