Casa del Mar (Bayahibe) to Santiago

Salser0

May 5, 2004
Hi there,

Im going to stay in the casa del mar with my novia and want to visit Santo Domingo for myself (maybe one night stay).

What is the best way to get there and how expensive is it?

Any information highly appreciated. Caribe Tours doesn't seam to stop in Bayahibe...

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Salser0 said:
Hi there,

Im going to stay in the casa del mar with my novia and want to visit Santo Domingo for myself (maybe one night stay).

What is the best way to get there and how expensive is it?

Any information highly appreciated. Caribe Tours doesn't seam to stop in Bayahibe...
where are you trying to go Santiago or Santo Domingo?

Last edited:

Salser0

May 5, 2004
To Santo Domingo

Sorry, my fault. My mind already seems to be in the DR. I would like to see Santo Domingo. Dont know why I typed Santiago....

Sharron

Dec 19, 2002
You can get a gua gua from outside the main gate of casa del mar to La Romana. Get of at the small park in the middle of town. From there you will need to take a shuttle bus to the main bus station (which is just outside La Romana). The shuttle buses are normally found on the side of the park nearest the church. From the main bus station get the bus to Santo Domingo.

I haven?t been by bus for a while but about 200-250 pesos each way per person should cover it.

When doing the return journey make sure you are in La Romana (get off just past Jumbo, the supermarket, local gua guas are in front of you on the right in a little lay bye) by late afternoon. The local gua gua to Bayahibe stops running quite early, the only alternative once it has stopped is a taxi, and because they know you don?t have any other choices they charge more.

Have fun