Dominican Beauty Salons in Mesa, Arizona?

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

redeemed1111 :cry:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
redeemed1111 said:
Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

Why not try a black hair salon?
I am sure that they would be able to accomodate you way better than a Mexican salon?

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
redeemed1111 said:
Please Help!

HELLLOOOOOO!!!

Great now there wil be 2 of you. My wife will be moving to Phoenix as soon a s I can get her here. I'm sure she will be happy to know there will be another Dominicana in this town! Send me a pm or write back here. I would like to try to find some other Dominicans in the Phoenix area!

-Tim

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Why not try a black hair salon?
I am sure that they would be able to accomodate you way better than a Mexican salon?

Thanks for the advice. I am looking into that option, as you may or may not know we dominicanas are a bit fussy when it comes to our hair.
Thanks again
redeemed1111 ;)

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
My Hair

redeemed1111 said:
Please Help!

I also like the way the Dominican's do my hair as well. Try putting an ad in the newspaper. Good luck in finding your Dominican hair salon.

Karen

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
redeemed1111 said:
Thanks for the advice. I am looking into that option, as you may or may not know we dominicanas are a bit fussy when it comes to our hair.
Thanks again
redeemed1111 ;)
Yep, I am not gonna argue with you on that one.
Isn't there a form of relaxer in the market that you just use as if you were shampooing your hair? and the best thing of all is that it will not burn you like the regular hair relaxer. It has been a few years since i first saw it advertised on tv.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
islandboy707 said:
that was funny u cant do ur hair huh

islandboy707
It's like this, most of us can do our hair, some need relaxing, colouring and some don't. As a treat we go to the Dominican Salons because they take pride, patience, and they don't hurry you out of the seat.

Karen

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
I'm sorry Tim

twincactus said:
Hey redeemed1111, you don't want to talk? Was it something I said?

-Tim
I am very new to all of this. I really have not searched the site, I am not sure as to how to use all the features, or how to pm you. I would definitely like to talk. I am really sorry, let me just get acquainted here. Been away so I will start as of now. Or you can run it by me. ;)

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
Hello Karen

karenssp said:
islandboy707
It's like this, most of us can do our hair, some need relaxing, colouring and some don't. As a treat we go to the Dominican Salons because they take pride, patience, and they don't hurry you out of the seat.

Karen
I can do my own hair Karen, I can wash it and set it in rollers as well as blow dry. But can a surgeon conduct surgery on himself, or a dentist pull his own teeth? They probably can to a certain extent, but is it practical and safe, furthermore would the results be the same as if someone else did it? I don't know how much you know about chemical relaxers but used incorrectly not only can you cause a person's hair to fall out but also severe burns to their scalp sometimes requiring medical attention. I don't know where you are from but living in New York, and constantly traveling to DR we get our hair done at the salon every week,as far as I am concerned it's not a treat but a neccessity... too dramatic okay, it's a way of life.

Redeemed1111 ;)

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
Hi Islandboy707

islandboy707 said:
that was funny u cant do ur hair huh

Most guys go to a barbershop for a fade, a haircut, highlights, hair dye, or even a shape up. What do you do and where? ;)

Redeemed1111

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
Sorry Karen

redeemed1111 said:
I can do my own hair Karen, I can wash it and set it in rollers as well as blow dry. But can a surgeon conduct surgery on himself, or a dentist pull his own teeth? They probably can to a certain extent, but is it practical and safe, furthermore would the results be the same as if someone else did it? I don't know how much you know about chemical relaxers but used incorrectly not only can you cause a person's hair to fall out but also severe burns to their scalp sometimes requiring medical attention. I don't know where you are from but living in New York, and constantly traveling to DR we get our hair done at the salon every week,as far as I am concerned it's not a treat but a neccessity... too dramatic okay, it's a way of life.

Redeemed1111 ;)
This reply is meant for islandboy707. I was trying to do too many things at once. Thanks for you suggestion, I had not thought of that!

Thanks Redeemed1111 ;)

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
redeemed1111 said:
Most guys go to a barbershop for a fade, a haircut, highlights, hair dye, or even a shape up. What do you do and where? ;)

Redeemed1111
In addition,

I can do my own hair Islandboy707, I can wash it and set it in rollers as well as blow dry. But can a surgeon conduct surgery on himself, or a dentist pull his own teeth? They probably can to a certain extent, but is it practical and safe, furthermore would the results be the same as if someone else did it? I don't know how much you know about chemical relaxers but used incorrectly not only can you cause a person's hair to fall out but also severe burns to their scalp sometimes requiring medical attention. I don't know where you are from but living in New York, and constantly traveling to DR we get our hair done at the salon every week,as far as I am concerned it's not a treat but a neccessity... too dramatic okay, it's a way of life.

Redeemed1111

redeemed1111

Nov 17, 2004
twincactus said:
HELLLOOOOOO!!!

Great now there wil be 2 of you. My wife will be moving to Phoenix as soon a s I can get her here. I'm sure she will be happy to know there will be another Dominicana in this town! Send me a pm or write back here. I would like to try to find some other Dominicans in the Phoenix area!

-Tim
Tim when is your wife coming down?

semperinfidelis

Apr 15, 2003
redeemed1111,

Hi, I'm a Dominican living in Mesa, Arizona as well. I go to school at Arizona State. I've met other Dominicans in the area, usually in the dance scene when I go out to clubs holding Latin music nights. As far as finding a Dominican beauty salon, good luck with your endeavor. After all, Arizoner is not known for its Dominican community. Drop me a line at captainmoya@yahoo.com, like you I'm trying to meet other Dominicans in the Phoenix area. I sure wish this place was more like New York where there's Dominicans everywhere.

Cheers,
Will

twincactus

Aug 9, 2004
www.dominicanstotheusa.com
I wish I knew....

redeemed1111 said:
Tim when is your wife coming down?
Well we are waiting on her I-130 right now. It was "touched" on 11/24 so we are getting hopeful. I was just trying to see if I could keep in touch with you because there are few Dominicans here and I know after she finds out the streets here are not gold she will want some friends....hehe. Keep in touch and if there is anything you need to know about the area ask me, I know, I used to work sales here and know the Phoenix area very well. You can e-mail me at tim@twincactus.com. Oh and if you're interested, our pictures are on the website www.twincactus.com .

Thanks for writing back, I may have been a bit harsh. Sorry.

-Tim

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Appology Accepted

redeemed1111 said:
This reply is meant for islandboy707. I was trying to do too many things at once. Thanks for you suggestion, I had not thought of that!

Thanks Redeemed1111 ;)

Apology accepted.

Karen

schcarter1

May 30, 2005
Did anyone ever find a Dominican hairdresser in Arizona? I need one bad. I am moving to Phoenix from Philadelphia in 2 weeks, and I love the way they do my hair.

nasirita

Sep 6, 2005
dominicanos??

hey i found this site on accident but hopefully there will be something beneficial to come of it... are there any dominicans male or female in the phoenix are within the ages of 20 and 30?? im in desperate need of some dominican friends, no ofense to gringos.. but it aint the same.. anyways if there is anyone out there.. plz contact me @ nasirita00@hotmail.com.. p.d. no soy una loca ni nada.. just looking for ppl pa' coro sano..
and btw anyone find a dominican salon or hairstylist.. also let me know..

thanks and hope to hear from someone soon..
take care byeee :)
nasirah