The Santo Domingo cruise ship dock is on what side of the river?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, but the right answer is

Both sides!!

There is a Tourist Dock in San Souci (Lighthouse side) and a Tourist Dock on the West Side, by the Avenida del Puerto. Cruise ships dock at both places. Done seen it myself...yessiree Bob!

You can check with the cruise line as to which side they will be using.

As a matter of fact, this is one reason that they are dragging the port area so frantically!. A ship (Empress of the Seas) sucked up the rusted out body of an old fridge and really messed up their day.

There seems to be a consolidated effort to bring the cruise ships back to the port of Santo Domingo...

HB :D:D

oldhippy

Jul 22, 2002
Thank you for confirming that...there was a debait issue on it, and I knew I saw a cruise ship on the west side as well!

I have since found this smoking gun:

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/ArkonaJPEGS/Aida16SantaD.jpg

Hillbilly said:
Both sides!!

There is a Tourist Dock in San Souci (Lighthouse side) and a Tourist Dock on the West Side, by the Avenida del Puerto. Cruise ships dock at both places. Done seen it myself...yessiree Bob!

You can check with the cruise line as to which side they will be using.

As a matter of fact, this is one reason that they are dragging the port area so frantically!. A ship (Empress of the Seas) sucked up the rusted out body of an old fridge and really messed up their day.

There seems to be a consolidated effort to bring the cruise ships back to the port of Santo Domingo...

HB :D:D

Helium

Dec 17, 2006
CLUB MED SHIP & Santo Domingo cruise dock

Which side of the river is CLUC MED SHIP docking ?

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
cruise ship traffic

From what I read in an article they are supposedly gearing up for some of the major cruise ship companies out of Europe. I can't recall which co. at the moment, but they are supposed to make Santo Domingo the home port as of December 2007. They are also talking about something up in Samana.

Now if Europeans want to cruise the the Carribean, they have to fly to Miami which means all kins of visas, and other paperwork. This company was smart as the DR really requests nothing!

JRR

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Cruise ships dock on their starboard side if the bow is pointed toward the sea.

Helium

Dec 17, 2006
Thanks for your answer !
Do you know if "CLUB MED Cruise boat" has his place in that harbour side ?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
On December 2 the MS Deutschland put into Santo Domingo docking on the western side of the river. El Conde was flooded with German tourists all day who simply walked up the stairway across the street from the terminal.

"Wieviel kostet das?"

"Wo ist denn der Bergfrosch?"

"Das tut mir leid, ich kenne kein Spanisch."

Peter Deilmann Deutschland Cruise Ship Profile