Brand new Punta Cana resort info.?

JT69

Nov 21, 2004
I am currently booked to go to PC in Jan., and are booked @ the NEW Ocean Sands resort- I cannot find any reliable info. on the progress, let alone any pics.- is the Ocean chain a good one?I am starved for info. of any kind about this-

vegginout

Nov 18, 2004
Web address

JT69 said:
I am currently booked to go to PC in Jan., and are booked @ the NEW Ocean Sands resort- I cannot find any reliable info. on the progress, let alone any pics.- is the Ocean chain a good one?I am starved for info. of any kind about this-

We're booked into an Ocean resort in Jan as well - am still wainting to get a review of the Ocean Blue as it wasn't supposed to open until Dec. 1. I would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in either resort. I understand the 2 properties are tied together. I did find their website though - www.oceanhotels.net .

It will be our 1st time down to the Caribean so I hope things will go well. I have received notice from our travel agent that not all the facilities will be ready when we get there and we were given a partial refund.

Beth

europeanguy

Nov 23, 2004
Price quote

What is the pricequote you have been given for december/ january for Ocean Sands and/ or Ocean Blue.

JT69

Nov 21, 2004
Ocean Sands/ Blue info.

Greetings;
You all must go to tripadvisor.com, by far the best forum on Punta Cana ( go to forums/Punta Cana - there is also a more broad Dominican Republic forum, but if you want the best advice, hit the Punta Cana) posting is very easy, & the people on the forum all have the same questions & concerns we have & many go the extra step & do their own searches, then post results.Very, very cool!
My cost going thru Cheap Caribbean.com for Jan. 17-24, resort, air, transfers for 2,all taxes & cancellation insurance for 2 was $2060.00.
Be sure to browse all of the pages ( I think there are around 40 or so- you wont believe all the posts on the Sands & Blue!!) many have links they found with actual pictures of the progress on the resorts & GREAT travel tips-ENJOY!

vegginout

Nov 18, 2004
Moved!

Just got a phone call today saying Transat was moving us over to the Grand Palladium. I guess they weren't confident that things would be running smoothly by our arival date - Jan 6.

They've given us a Jr. Suite at the Grand and another refund. I'll be interested to find out if anyone does stay at the Blue and what it's like.

vegginout

JT69

Nov 21, 2004
Greetings-
if you dont mind me asking, what is the deal they offered you? What was your original cost for the Sands? Have you looked into the resort they are moving you to- worth the switch?Very interested...

vegginout

Nov 18, 2004
Prices & change

Got the trip through airmiles so I figure the prices are kind of fluid. We did get a $200 Cdn/person refund when Transat informed us that some of the amenities would not be ready & they are giving us $200 US/person refund now that we are being moved.

Hubby is wondering about drinks at the Grand. He's not sure he'll like the local stuff - people he knows have told them they didn't like it. Will we have access to premium brands if we are booked into a Jr. Suite at the Grand or do we need an upgrade of some kind?

Transat has said they can't give us an upgrade but we should check when we get there.

B