Question for Dominicans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardell

Nov 22, 2004
I was always called the black kid with good hair. When people ask me "what are u mixed with?" I always say Im just black.I saw this guy on a site and he looks black to me but he didn't have black people hair, he was dominican. he had good hair. The thing is that he had the same hair as me. Does that mean Im half dominican?

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
Be Who You Are

First of all, many people are ignorant and who defined what good hair is? Second, why are you defining who you are by your hair? Are you even of Hispanic descent? (just a question, not being sarcastic at all) I am not Dominican (but I am about to marry one) but I am half Cuban and half Black. It took me a long time to appreciate what I was because all people saw was a black girl with different hair. It wasn't straight and it wasn't kinky. All black children with so called "good hair" are not of Latino/a origin or even biracial although I am sure that there is some mixing down the line. Dominicans like Cubans, Puerto Ricans, etc. come in all shades, sizes and even hair textures. Why don't you research your family line and understand and appreciate all of what makes you who you are. Be proud of who and what you are. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.