Occidental Allegro Punta Cana

flutterbybabs

Nov 22, 2004
Has anyone been to the Occidental Allegro Punta Cana since the hurricane or at the time of the hurricane? What is happening with the resort? Is it open? What damage was sustained? Was there damage to the landscape, trees on the beach uprooted, etc. Has the resort retained a musty smell because of the water? Are all the roads clear from the airport to the hotel? We are booked to go in January and just realized that this was one of the resorts that was hit by the hurricane. Should we be concerned?

canajungirl

May 18, 2004
the resort opened Nov.8.they were still finishing a roof on one of the buildings furthest from the beach so no need to worry.i was staying at sunscape next door so cannot answer anything about the rooms or such but the resort is open and you should be fine by your departure date!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Went up to Punta Cana over the weekend and all the roads are ok. Full of potholes, but ok. You can still see the results of the hurricane with all the trees down in the fields but little by little everythings getting cleaned up and back to normal.

I went to the Occidental Allegro before the hurricane and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Enjoy!!!

flutterbybabs

Nov 22, 2004
KateP said:
Went up to Punta Cana over the weekend and all the roads are ok. Full of potholes, but ok. You can still see the results of the hurricane with all the trees down in the fields but little by little everythings getting cleaned up and back to normal.

I went to the Occidental Allegro before the hurricane and I'm sure you'll have a blast. Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if the trees on the beach went down.

flutterbybabs

Nov 22, 2004
canajungirl said:
the resort opened Nov.8.they were still finishing a roof on one of the buildings furthest from the beach so no need to worry.i was staying at sunscape next door so cannot answer anything about the rooms or such but the resort is open and you should be fine by your departure date!

Thanks for letting me know the resort has reopened. Where the trees on the beach uprooted?