Puerto Plata in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
Hi Everyone
I've been thinking about going back to Puerto Plata in January. I've never travelled anywhere in DR in the month of January, I was wondering if anyone could tell what the weather is like this time of the year. I've been told from a friend that when she went last December that it wasn't hot and she couldn't go swimming becuase it wasn't warm enough. I find this very hard to believe becuase I thought that the Carribean is always warm enough for beach weather. I would appreiciate any responses to reassure me that the weather will indeed be very hot.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Depends if you're a wussy or not. Some people will say its too cold, some will say its fine. It will feel a little brisk going in, but you'll probably be fine once you're swimming a bit.

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
I Know where you can go in January

Come down to Nagua, In january 12th start a party called "Patronales Altagracianas" this party is religius, but in my town its for drink beers and have fun, like in other's town also ;) ..

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
If everything goes my way I will be arriving in Puerta Plata on the 13 just in time to celebrate my birthday on the 17 of January.

N.C. said:
Come down to Nagua, In january 12th start a party called "Patronales Altagracianas" this party is religius, but in my town its for drink beers and have fun, like in other's town also ;) ..

Anj

Nov 21, 2004
Travelling in January

Hi! My husband and I have been to DR 4 times. WE always go over Christmas or New Years because I'm a teacher and that's the only time I have off (other than March break which is a horrible time to go!). We've NEVER had bad weather when we went.... any time between Dec 18 - Jan 7 we've always had great weather. You might get an extra day of rain in January, but it doesn't rain too long in DR when it has rained when we're there. I HATE cold water, and it's always nice... last year we went Dec 28 - Jan 6 and we had 1/2 day of rain, and no day UNDER 100F. Have a great time!

Anj ;)

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Anj said:
Hi! My husband and I have been to DR 4 times. WE always go over Christmas or New Years because I'm a teacher and that's the only time I have off (other than March break which is a horrible time to go!). We've NEVER had bad weather when we went.... any time between Dec 18 - Jan 7 we've always had great weather. You might get an extra day of rain in January, but it doesn't rain too long in DR when it has rained when we're there. I HATE cold water, and it's always nice... last year we went Dec 28 - Jan 6 and we had 1/2 day of rain, and no day UNDER 100F. Have a great time!

Anj ;)

He he, You obviously wasn't here (North coast) last winter.

cherub

Jun 15, 2004
I went to Puerto Plata last January 4-19 and the weather was great. We had only one day of total rain and occassional evening showers but apart from that the weather was lovely and sunny. :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.