Ryan's 1st Birthday

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I'm looking for the owner of a 8mm video cassette with the above handwritten title.

Several years ago my car broke down close to Bani. A crowd of onlookers quicky gathered... As soon as I got the car started, and the crowd had dispersed, I noticed my video camera case was missing. More than the camera, I valued a tape inside the case, the entire documentary of my eldest son's most recent visit to the DR (by the way, he's also a DR1 member). I spread the word around that there was a hefty reward for the return of the tape. Later, I bought a state-of-the-art miniDV camera.
A couple of Sundays ago, during a morning drive on George Washington Ave, I came across a flee market close to the Luperon bridge, and I stopped when I saw a camera stall. There were dozens of cameras, of all types and models, including several like my old stolen Sony Handicam. So I bought one for a dirt cheap price. I was happy I could now watch my old 8mm cassettes. Inside the camera I found a cassette with the above title, and after watching the tape, I'm convinced that the owners were heart broken for the loss, just as I was years ago when my camera was stolen. Ryans birthday party was a very special event, both sets of parents, grandparents, aunt and uncle, all dotingly celebrating Ryan, the first born. At one point, an aunt mentions Halloween 2003, so Ryan should be just shy over 2 years old.

Mirador