travel to Dr dec2-11, transportation

BCereus

Nov 28, 2004
hey all, just found out about dr1.com forum from lonely planet.. wished i had knew about this site and lonely planet before i made plans for the trip.

thanks in advance to anyone who can help...have a few questions...

1- my friend and i will be travelling, 2 females..should we be worry? with safety and will we be an easy target for scam and rip offs? first time just the 2 females travelling, we have traveled to costa rica and puerto rico before.. but it was with a whole bunch of people.

2-going there for a wedding... the bride and groom lives there...what will be a good wedding gift to bring?

3- after the wedding (its at santo domingo), we will be going to punta cana. i read about caribe bus that offer reasonalbe trip round trip from santo domingo to perto plata. we were wondering if there are bus company like caribe and metro that offer a reasonable fare from santo domingo to punta cana? i read an old post (2002)from oldhippy that address this issue...but we would like to know if the bus company is still running and offering a route from santo domingo to punta cana/bavaro and the price was around 130 peso (fromt eh post)? if so..what is the recent price for the service? if this company is out of service, are there other bus company that offers a resonable price for the trip?

4- what is a must see (tours) and to do at dominican republic ?

thanks to all who can help...sorry about the post being so long

susan