the rot is going......momentum is gaining.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
great news.

sanchez baret has not only resigned any scandalous claims to the presidency, but has resigned from the prd altogether.
the world's not ready for the prd's rise from the ashes yet...............but with the pld already returning to their 'comesolo' ways, the re-birth is coming.
who will end up being the legendary leader.....hatuey of course.......who ever doubted it.

the pph.....not to be confused with the prd are caving. tipsy badia is determined to bring anyone and everyone with him when he is to be judged.
......................some will get away without a scratch. take 'milo' jimenez.................loads of money, dodgy deals, etc........................but rescued balaguer from a crashed helicopter, was in very near vicinity when caama?o was assassinated.........etc................he is untouchable.

those of you that believed guido's head was going to roll.............. just no reason for it.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
bochinche said:
those of you that believed guido's head was going to roll.............. just no reason for it.

According to Diario Libre's 'El Espia' this morning, he was not at the meetings this weekend. He seems to be out of favour or at odds with the party. Which is it?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Chirimoya said:
According to Diario Libre's 'El Espia' this morning, he was not at the meetings this weekend. He seems to be out of favour or at odds with the party. Which is it?

Enfriandose or cooling off....something other PRD buddies (ie. Johnny Morales should have done a long times ago).

PRD will belong to Hatuey, although I keep saying, in order for this country to progress, the first thing that should be done is ban the PRD altogether. Its nothing but a house of criminals.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
As long as the Political Parties promise a "Free lunch"

The people will vote for them. Then when the 'free lunch' isn't forthcoming, the people will turn on them like a wolf pack!

The reason 'Democracy' has FAILED in the DR is essentially because of just that. The people don't know ANYTHING about the responsibilities of living in a nation in which democracy is practiced. Their schools and political figures have failed to educate them properly as to the meaning of the word.

I really can't blame the population for the rotten conditions that are endemic to this society since the politicians of ALL PARTIES have failed them miserably for their own gain and greed. It's really pathetic.

I sometimes think that if the people didn't vote at all in the sham elections, that would get the point across that changes were necessary in the way the government operated. But, then that would be a signal for a military takeover to maintain stability, both social and economic.

It's just a 'Catch 22' scenario.

Texas Bill

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Chirimoya said:

who knows? probably a bit of both...............but at least he's not in najayo.

Texas Bill said:
I really can't blame the population for the rotten conditions that are endemic to this society since the politicians of ALL PARTIES have failed them miserably for their own gain and greed. It's really pathetic.

right on!.............probably the best comment you have ever made on dr1.
oh, how you have changed texas pete!

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
bochinche said:
who knows? probably a bit of both...............but at least he's not in najayo.

right on!.............probably the best comment you have ever made on dr1.
oh, how you have changed texas pete!

No, I haven't changed! Just elaborating a bit more on the subject.
Please don't quote me 'out of context'. It isn't fair and may become misleading to others later.

Thank, anyway.

Texas Bill

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Ban the PRD!

samiam said:
... although I keep saying, in order for this country to progress, the first thing that should be done is ban the PRD altogether. Its nothing but a house of criminals.

THIS IS MY MANTRA. TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SAID.

The PRD is, without a doubt, basically an association of criminals who have nothing but their party/personal interests as the driving force and the hell with the country's (read the people's) interests. They will lie, cheat and steal to no end and will break every moral and legal rule to get their way. While this party exists, the great potential of this country will go unrealized as they are lousy at governing and good at making a ferocious opposition to the only 'good' political party we have, the PLD.

The third party, the PRSC, is not too far from the PRD either. They approved the festival of unresponsible loans made by Hippo's horrific government and get along very well with the PRD clan. They will usually rent/sell their consciences/souls to the highest bidder.

Like the Russian comedian used to say some time back, "What a country!".

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Spirit7 said:
THIS IS MY MANTRA. TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SAID.

The PRD is, without a doubt, basically an association of criminals who have nothing but their party/personal interests as the driving force and the hell with the country's (read the people's) interests. They will lie, cheat and steal to no end and will break every moral and legal rule to get their way. While this party exists, the great potential of this country will go unrealized as they are lousy at governing and good at making a ferocious opposition to the only 'good' political party we have, the PLD.

The third party, the PRSC, is not too far from the PRD either. They approved the festival of unresponsible loans made by Hippo's horrific government and get along very well with the PRD clan. They will usually rent/sell their consciences/souls to the highest bidder.

Like the Russian comedian used to say some time back, "What a country!".
I am with you on this one. They sure do need to ban the PRD.

While I'm at it, they should decrease the number of provinces to 3 plus the national district. The provinces should be North, South, and East. That would get rid of much of the government officials who do nothing but pick up checks.

In addition, the people need to realize that if they want something done, they need to go ahead and do it and stop depending on the government for everything.

Those Dominicans who have found that out are becoming prosperous in their own ways.