Punta Cana to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
Hello all. I want to be in Cabarete on Dec 28th. Today there is an awesome seat sale and I can save 500 dollars by flying into Punta Cana. Can someone tell me or direct me to the thread that deals with transportation to Cabarete from Punta Cana? Do you have to travel through Santo Domingo? Thanks

swake

Oct 27, 2002
Winni hit the search button por favor. These type of questions pop up every other day and merely entering Punta Cana to Puerto Plata will get you dozens of threads dealing with the matter.
I dug up these threads to start with
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36094 (never mind la barbie's outcry haha!)
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36162
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35713
Bottomline is that overland you will loose 2 days at least and by air you'll end up paying 150-200$us.
Are you sure about that 500$ price difference??? Seems awfully much.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
US$500 savings doesn't make much sense unless the ticket originally was very much overpriced. Check out JetBlue from NY that has flights into Santiago that is much nearer.

If you decide to fly into Punta Cana, be sure to book a night in Punta Cana so you get to relax and enjoy that beach also.

Then plan on spending an entire day on the road to make it to Cabarete and another day to make it back. If you take the express buses (one from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo) and another from Santo Domingo to Sosua (then it's a short distance to Cabarete) you can do it under RD$500 -- but note you will be traveling for around 12 hours. Also, your flight would have to come in really early so you have time to catch the last bus to Sosua.

Winnipegger

Oct 17, 2003
Prob wont go through Punta Cana

the price today from Winnipeg Canada on the 28th when I want to go is 729 to Puerto Plata and 262 to Punta Cana. No ......airline prices dont make any sense some times. I have allready researched the Jet Blue option but it works out to the same as going direct from Wpg to Puerto Plata when you add in air to NY from Wpg. No I dont think I want a 12 hour bus trip but if it was an 8 hour overnight journey I would have considered it .

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Winnipegger said:
the price today from Winnipeg Canada on the 28th when I want to go is 729 to Puerto Plata and 262 to Punta Cana. No ......airline prices dont make any sense some times. I have allready researched the Jet Blue option but it works out to the same as going direct from Wpg to Puerto Plata when you add in air to NY from Wpg. No I dont think I want a 12 hour bus trip but if it was an 8 hour overnight journey I would have considered it .

Those are big savings. I would consider it if you have at least an eight day stay. The bus trip is pleasant driving.

The actual bus trip from Punta Cana is 3-1/2 hours to Santo Domingo (but you need to factor in about an hour to get to the bus in Punta Cana -- and the times have to meet the bus schedules, so you would have to get in in the morning to make the bus to Puerto Plata) and another 3-1/2 hour from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata.

Let us know the time you would get to Punta Cana and the time you leave to see if you have time to make the connection. For that kind of savings you could overnight in Santo Domingo, which could be a highlight of your trip.

ems1970

Jan 2, 2005
some help from puj to sdq

Dolores said:
Those are big savings. I would consider it if you have at least an eight day stay. The bus trip is pleasant driving.

The actual bus trip from Punta Cana is 3-1/2 hours to Santo Domingo (but you need to factor in about an hour to get to the bus in Punta Cana -- and the times have to meet the bus schedules, so you would have to get in in the morning to make the bus to Puerto Plata) and another 3-1/2 hour from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata.

Let us know the time you would get to Punta Cana and the time you leave to see if you have time to make the connection. For that kind of savings you could overnight in Santo Domingo, which could be a highlight of your trip.
I am coming into Punta Cana on a Saturday. My flight arrives at 4pm. We want to visit family in the Capitol and are curious if there is services that late on a Saturday. It sounds like the bus doesn't leave from the airport but somewhere else. Do you know where it leaves from and if it is service like Caribe Tours or a local service? Where does it leave you in the Capitol? And do you know the cost? Thanks for helping me with this. ems

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
ems1970 said:
I am coming into Punta Cana on a Saturday. My flight arrives at 4pm. We want to visit family in the Capitol and are curious if there is services that late on a Saturday. It sounds like the bus doesn't leave from the airport but somewhere else. Do you know where it leaves from and if it is service like Caribe Tours or a local service? Where does it leave you in the Capitol? And do you know the cost? Thanks for helping me with this. ems

The express bus service, Expreso Bavaro, leaves Bavaro and goes directly to the Capital at 7am, 10am, 2pm, and 4pm. I would suggest you check into a hotel on Saturday and travel the next day. You can get off pretty much anywhere in the Capital between the Las Americas autoroute and the last stop which is located close to the Supermercado Nacional on Maximo Gomez. The cost is of RD$210/person.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.