Barcelo Bavaro in Punta Cana

Nov 5, 2004
Why will the Barcelo Bavaro resorts in Punta Cana not give a price out over the phone? But if you visit them in person, they said they will give you a price!

Me and my finacee are thinking of going here for our honeymoon, and I want the price in pesos, beacuse that's the currency of money me and my husband will have to spend.

I have found it is usually MUCH cheaper (if you are booking land only) to book with the resort themselves. Canadian travel agents, don't seem to be able to get the same prices that you can get, by just calling and booking through the resort.

Unless of course it happens to be Barcel Bavaro in Punta Cana...and they do not want to give you any prices over the phone! :p

Anyone know what I should do about this?

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
They may not want to give you a quote due to the currency value fluctuations.

If someone wouldn't give me a straight answer about something I wanted to purchase from them, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Tom

Nov 5, 2004
OttawaTom said:
They may not want to give you a quote due to the currency value fluctuations.

If someone wouldn't give me a straight answer about something I wanted to purchase from them, I'd take my business elsewhere.

Tom

They said they are not allowed to give a quote over the phone...but I found that odd, because he said that if someone came in, in person to book, they could give thema quote. What is the difference???

I picked this resort, because my fiancee is Dominican, and lives in the DR (but about 10 hours away from Punta Cana), and from what he has heard it is one of the best.

OttawaTom

Dec 15, 2002
I don't know if it's one of the best, since it's the only one we've been to in PUJ, but we went twice and loved it both times.

Tom

Nov 5, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Are you an only child? Ok just kidding. :laugh:

Now that you mention it..I am an only child! :D

And I really do apprecaite all your help. Sometimes when there are so many things I need to learn, and find out all at the same time it gets overwhelming...so I really do appreaciate all the help you ahve been to me so far. And a thanks ahead of time to Anna (and all the other DR1-ers) for all the help I am sure I will need with all this long process in the future...(more specifically the visa process then finding a place for our honeymoon...but that too!)
MUCHOS GRACIS TODOS!!! ;)