Feeling better? now that AZB is gone?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hello everyone, I am currently in atlanta enjoying the good life. Lights 24 hrs, good food, smooth streets without potholes. Nice to be back in civilization for a change. This is the remedy to living in the banana republic, take short vacations to USA or vice versa (take short vacations to DR if you live in the civilization-concrete jungle).
I landed in NYC on monday morning from SDQ. I had to stay up all night because I waited until last minute to pack my bags. Once landed in NYC, i realized I was in alaska. It was cold and then the rain topped it all off. regardless of the weather, I was taken to very fancy place on 42nd street to a private party. I drank and rubbed shoulders with NY yankees team members. Ivana Trump was also there. The drinks were all premium and people around me were all important. We went there with an indian telecom guru who later invited us to a fancy restaurant in the city. I ate thai food.
Now I must wonder: how the hell americans would ever lose any weight? the food is so delicious in USA and the servings are huge. If I would live there, I will become 300 lbs gorilla.
the next day I went to get my pakistani visa in the NYC pakistani consulate. Folks, I am ashamed to say I am pakistani, after I saw the consulate from inside. The place is a wreck, the furniture seems like its been lifted from garbage, so did the carpet. The employees were all imported from Pakistan (botella jobs), not a single one was worth representing our people, They were filthy and "mal vestidos", badly dressed in shabby clothes. What a shame. I felt like filing a complaint after paying 120 dollars for my multiple visa.
Anyway, I am glad I won't have to go back there in 5 years.
Now I am in atlanta. I was lucky to get a seat yesterday after a few planes were cancelled out-bound to atlanta from Laguardia. I came in 3rd class as compared to First class from SDQ - JFK leg.
Atlanta is truely a world class city. The roads are wide and clean. Houses are all new looking and people are very decent and civilized. I went to my old university and worked out in the gym. Now later I will go to walmart to buy some things for my house in santiago.
My trip report will continue from time to time, as soon as I would get my hands on any PC anywhere. i will be heading back to NYC on the 7th and then will head out to my middle eastern trip. Will keep you all updated.
Bye.
AZB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My hopes were up when I read the title, but then I read you will be coming back. ;)

Have a good trip. First report interesting.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
wow am I HAPPY

I so glad that you don't like NY and hopefully will not be returning to NYC in the near furture.
(OH, and BTW Ivana Trump is not a very important person in our city. Certainly no more important than all the big and important people in Santiago)
God speed your trip and I wish you a speedy trip through NYC Kennedy on your return trip to the DR.

Yours in humor,

JOHN

Aftab hope everything goes Ok at the Alqueida training camp. Remember you don't have to blow yourself up to get 72 virgins, just go to one of the barrios near your house and get 100.
Have a safe trip and give me a call when your up in NY.
Badpiece

Last edited by a moderator:

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Oye, compai' (sort of)

I know we're on different sides of the city and you have a lot to do when you are here, but drop me an e-mail sometime. I'm always looking for an excuse to go out for a cocktail or two.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We don't haave AZB to kick around anymore

Your trip sounds exciting. I can imagine you fun in a Walmart after being exposed to Ochoa-Hach?-Pola for so many months..hehehe:D:D:D

Do have a safe trip. See you when you get back.

HB :D:D

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
johne said:
I so glad that you don't like NY and hopefully will not be returning to NYC in the near furture.
(OH, and BTW Ivana Trump is not a very important person in our city. Certainly no more important than all the big and important people in Santiago)
God speed your trip and I wish you a speedy trip through NYC Kennedy on your return trip to the DR.

Yours in humor,

JOHN
I heard he is getting picked up for dinner in London by the Queen. Rumor has it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
my daily log.

A car breaks down right in my lane. Everyone simply stops and waits on the person to move. Not a single horn or a beep from anyone. They waited almost 2 minutes until everyone was sure the women was indeed broken down. A police car pulled over to help her. I changed the lane and left. If this was the case in NY or santiago, there would be a barrage of honks and cursing flying all over. Atlantans are such civilized folks.
Today I went to walmart, costco, BJ, TJ max and a few other places. Bought a lot of stuff that I didn't need ex: a huge jar of cashews, peanuts, mix dried fruit and some chocolates form my wives in DR. My suitcase is already full. I will buy a few more items tomorrow ex: a huge chunk of Monchego cheese and a huge slab of feta cheese. These cheeses cost a fortune in DR, hopefully they will not be spoiled during the trip back. I will keep them refrigerated here while I will be in Pakistan and abu dhabi. The food is simply fantastic, however, I am still sticking to my vegetarian diet for time being. When I will leave for middle east on 8th, I will break my diet for the month.
Surprisingly, I am not missing DR at the moment. I am having fun here. Tomorrow I will buy a Dual layer DVD recorder for my PC. The damn Dual layer media costs a fortune at the moment. How about those High definition giant screen TVs. I am in love with them. I want one for my bedroom. There are so many good toys in USA. I am like a kid in a candy store when I visit Bestbuys, circuit city and LLGregg. I can spend my whole vacations in those stores. Tomorrow I will also go to the tool section in sears and maybe a quick drop-in in home depot. Boy o boy, I am a huge fan of home depot. I can spend a whole day there looking at stuff. I think I will come back broke.
Okis, thats it for now.
AZB (in heaven)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The land of plenty has plenty of everything, including millions of mexicans. I think we have more mexicans in atlanta than in mexico. So much for spending billions on keeping terrorists away from american soil, anyone can enter USA from unprotected mexican/american border. Almost all mexicans living in atlanta are illegal. we pay all the taxes for TSA , home land security BS, just see how many illegal mexicans laugh at the new security measures and the number of illegal mexicans keep climbing. If the mexicans are so smart to bypass the whole homeland security BS, you think the terrorists who master minded the attack from the afghanistan caves haven't figured this route for themselves?
Anyway, the whole chinese buffet restaurant was full of mexicans. The food was good and I loaded up on shrimps and other seafood dishes. I wonder how the damn chinese make any money by charging 7 bucks each? I probably got my money's worth in the first plate full of shrimps. Why is seafood cheaper in USA than in DR? Beats me. How is it that thess chinese coming here by boat loads from the communist land and have the money to open up chinese fancy restaurants, nail salons and other ethnic succcessfull businesses? Am I in the wrong country? seems like the chinese have it all made in the commy land. They never seem to come here as poor folks.
Today, I will buy more stuff that I don't need. Sorry atlantaBob, I have only tomorrow to finish up my shopping in atlanta, then I will head to NYC and then to abu dhabi. We will hang some other day.
AZB

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
AZB said:
The land of plenty has plenty of everything, including millions of mexicans. I think we have more mexicans in atlanta than in mexico. So much for spending billions on keeping terrorists away from american soil, anyone can enter USA from unprotected mexican/american border. Almost all mexicans living in atlanta are illegal. we pay all the taxes for TSA , home land security BS, just see how many illegal mexicans laugh at the new security measures and the number of illegal mexicans keep climbing. If the mexicans are so smart to bypass the whole homeland security BS, you think the terrorists who master minded the attack from the afghanistan caves haven't figured this route for themselves?
Anyway, the whole chinese buffet restaurant was full of mexicans. The food was good and I loaded up on shrimps and other seafood dishes. I wonder how the damn chinese make any money by charging 7 bucks each? I probably got my money's worth in the first plate full of shrimps. Why is seafood cheaper in USA than in DR? Beats me. How is it that thess chinese coming here by boat loads from the communist land and have the money to open up chinese fancy restaurants, nail salons and other ethnic succcessfull businesses? Am I in the wrong country? seems like the chinese have it all made in the commy land. They never seem to come here as poor folks.
Today, I will buy more stuff that I don't need. Sorry atlantaBob, I have only tomorrow to finish up my shopping in atlanta, then I will head to NYC and then to abu dhabi. We will hang some other day.
AZB

No questions. You're a mangiacake!!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
AZB, glad to hear you are having fun. Please continue to ponder the Mexican, Chinese and whatever other ethnic dilemmas you care to and report your theories/conclusions to us.

Larry

AZB said:
AZB

Why worry about Mexicans running across the Rio Grande when they allow you to fly right into JFK and Atlanta International? ;)
Keep us updated and have fun my brother.
Badpiece

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have found well formated chopos in atlanta. They are called red necks. Red necks are the chopo version of americans. They have many things in common with their dominican counterparts. Example: they both love the color RED. Redneck women love to wear the color red all over ex: heavy red nail polish (super long nails), drive red old cars, carry red purse and almost all red neck women are fat with ugly voices. They often live in slums ex: trailor parks, drink heavily and have kids from as many red necks as possible. They all talk loud and all carry a waffle house credit card.
The only difference is: Torusists don't come looking for rednecks in USA but I can't say the same about our visiting tourists in DR.
Tomorrow I go to NYC.
Badpiece, please send me a PM with your number in it.
AZB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
hahaha! a 'Waffle House' credit card! thanks AZB, for a good laugh! I remember the many years I lived amongst the 'rednecks'.... One should not ought to be there...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hello guys, Just a quick drop by. I am in abu dhabi, arrived today. All I can say is "wow" what a country. Its a rich country with sheiks living in huge palaces. The country is clean and organized. Gulf air is now top on my list. New advanced planes, delicious spicy food and free beers in economy. Not to mention, every seat has a LCD screen with free movies ex: "colateral", tom cruise.
I went to Al Ain today, a city about 1 hr and half away from abu dhabi. It was very facinating to see a land so completely different from where I grew up (USA). Abu dhabi is a mix of modern and Islamic contemporary architecture. You will see modern high rises in the down town area yet all the other palaces and house have rich islamic flavor to their designs. There is so much to see and I have just got here. I am dying from jet lag (9 hrs ahead).
Oh by the way, london should be renamed an indian or pakistani city. Its all full of east indians and seems like british folks are in minority. Hahahaha, I couldn't believe it when I arrived in heathrow. By the way who designed heathrow airport? I have never walked so much in getting from one place to another while still being inside the same terminal (3).
AZB