help planning a mixed trip

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
I could use some help if anyone knows whether or not this is posible, and if so what are the steps that need to be taken. My dominican husband is planning on going home for 2 weeks and would like our 8 mth old boy to meet the family but 2 weeks at a hotel is too much money (while I'm off on maternity leave). But I am not sure how to go about booking for example 1 week for all of us from Toronto to Playa Dorada and then have my husband return a week later on air only??? Is it possible??? Any ideas/comments would be great. :confused:

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi bailarin,
here in Europe you can book 'mixed' package holidays, meaning you spend one week in an All Inclusive and then stay one week or x days extra 'on your own', as long as it fits in with their flight schedules. I assume it must be possible in Canada as well. This means both your husband and yourself stay the second week there.
Bartolomeo

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Just get your T/A to arrange with the tour operator to have your husband's return delayed by an extra week.

There should be no or minimal charge for that.

I priced this as an option for us last year and it was really no big deal... but that was delaying the departure for both of us. I don't think it should matter if only one departure is delayed but it might.

That's what your T/A gets paid to do.

Good luck.

Gregg