Need info about Montero Shipping in NY

nugirlnyc

Nov 1, 2004
Hello, I am planning on shipping items (major) to the Dominican Republic with Montero Shipping, I was wondering if anyone here might have some information on this company or any experiences in shipping with them. Any info might help. Thanks

jskr1us

Apr 29, 2003
My wife (a Doninican National) use their Philadelphia branch several times a year to send items to her family. They have yet not to deliver what we sent in good shape. It takes them about a month to get the items there but they do come to our house to pick up the boxes at no additional charge. There price is reasionable compared to the alternative places and methods of getting things to the DR, however in my personal opinion all of these people charge too much. It seams the Dominican people are a captive audience and as such with limited alternatives are always taken advantage of. But as previously stated Montero seems to be a good and more reasionable choice. If you have more pointed questions please ask and I will try to answer. :glasses:

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
We used the branch in Massachusetts and sent a total of about 20 boxes including computer systems tv's and other electronic stuff. Also lots of household items and clothes. Sent 2 kids bikes also. All were picked up at our house and delivered to our house in Tenares within 5 weeks. Nothing was ever broken or missing. Most of it hadn't even been gone thru. Kathy

Dominicanstar

Aug 18, 2004
nugirlnyc said:
Hello, I am planning on shipping items (major) to the Dominican Republic with Montero Shipping, I was wondering if anyone here might have some information on this company or any experiences in shipping with them. Any info might help. Thanks

I live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area and I used the services of Montero Shipping last november. They came to my house, picked up the boxes and I found them very serious and committed. They also will bring you boxes for your next shipment. It takes approx. 1 month for the box to get there. I really liked them.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I am at this moment using them for the first time. I am shipping a washer and a dryer here from the Boston area. They are charging me $300 for both...say it will take about a month to arrive.

But the New York Bronx office just gave me notice today that prices are going up. The prices she quoted me seemed a little crazy.

If you are in the New York area...I have other sources. You can PM me.

I am still trying to find other shipping companies that specialize in door to door shipping to the DR. I am especially interested in the New Jersey area and Boston area. Thanks.

bladimirdelivery

Oct 7, 2007
i would like somebody to help me...im in montreal and i would like to do some shipping from here to nagua town in the dominicain...does this montero shipping companies has a companie here in montreal ?...another question is...in new york..if i buy stuff in new york and i want to send it to dominican....do i have to go to an addres or they will come to the store to pick the things i buy up ? i will appreciate any information

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I am at this moment using them for the first time. I am shipping a washer and a dryer here from the Boston area. They are charging me $300 for both...say it will take about a month to arrive.

But the New York Bronx office just gave me notice today that prices are going up. The prices she quoted me seemed a little crazy.

If you are in the New York area...I have other sources. You can PM me.

I am still trying to find other shipping companies that specialize in door to door shipping to the DR. I am especially interested in the New Jersey area and Boston area. Thanks.

The one my family use are based out NJ. I believe is called Camden shipping or Embarque Camden. So far they have been very reliable too. My mother send boxes all the time with them. She even sent furniture once and it arrived as expected.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I am shipping with Embarque La Isla 718-733-6724 . they are located in NewYork Bronx.
area, but they told me if it is worthy they can go any state including Boston for pick ups, they have very good prices and you can bargain with them, but it takes a month to get to DR.... door to door. They provide the boxes and do the packing as well..

Jan 5, 2006
...if i buy stuff in new york and i want to send it to dominican....do i have to go to an addres or they will come to the store to pick the things i buy up ?

They can go directly to the store and pick up your items. Also, if you tell the store that the items are being shipped to DR and Montero Shipping provides them with a bill of lading for the shipment, the items are exempt from any sales tax.

Anastasios

Jun 1, 2011
I am shipping a full line of appliences and 6 furniture pieces to SD
Dominicana Shipping is by far more responsive and serius on what they do!
Santiago shipping about 15% more expensive than Dominicana.

I had also send e mails and called, Fama shipping, Montero shipping, waiting for call back and for estimates.
I will let you know how the whole thing works out
All promissed three weeks door to door.....remain to be seen!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am shipping a full line of appliences and 6 furniture pieces to SD
Dominicana Shipping is by far more responsive and serius on what they do!
Santiago shipping about 15% more expensive than Dominicana.

I had also send e mails and called, Fama shipping, Montero shipping, waiting for call back and for estimates.
I will let you know how the whole thing works out
All promissed three weeks door to door.....remain to be seen!

Also try Awilda 718-505-9833.
Speak w/ Jennifer

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
William, can you give me Awilda's address in NY to deliver a package. I just want to make sure they gave it to me correctly. Thanks

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
41-02 108 St., Corona, NY 11368

listing_photo_0_3815665_362x300___tmb.jpg

cbk

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41-02...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB4Q8gEwAA

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thats it !!

The second shot is the delivery area at the back.

Cost to ship a fridge is ~$300 if new , $100 less if used......... door to door.

Here's a good website www.scratchanddentusa.com

Buy from any retailer - ship to your mudanza (usually free shipping) and it will arrive at your RD door.!!

My Lawn mower from Home Depot was $110 to Cabrera