mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I recently heard that Juan Luis Guerra has converted to a 'Man of God.'
Anybody know anything about this?
mkohn

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Do you mean he's 'got religion' or does 'Man of God? have some special meaning? He is, I think, an evangelical Christian, and has been for several years.

He was already making references to his faith in his 'Ni es lo mismo ni es igual' CD which was released in 1998. At one stage he was thinking of retiring from music altogether. His new release, Para ti, is religious-themed.

yvette

Jun 18, 2004
Man Of God

mkohn said:
I recently heard that Juan Luis Guerra has converted to a 'Man of God.'
Anybody know anything about this?
mkohn
To become a 'man of God' or 'woman of God' means to first agree with God about sin. Because this is the most important message that can be given, I will not speak from my own limited wisdom but from The Bible. Let's take 'the Roman Road.' I will say as the apostle Paul said, (Rom. 1:16) "For I am not ashamed of the gospel (truth) of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek(the rest of the world).

(Rom. 3:23) "For all have sinned, (because of the sin of Adam, the first man, sin was passed on all born from he and Eve) an come short of the glory of God (Jesus). And because we can do nothing to save ourselves, (Rom. 5:6-8) "For when we were without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." God punishes sin because he is righteous, but He is also love. (Rom. 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God made us all with a 'free will' this is what we have to do to partake of His free offering; (Rom. 10:9,10) "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, (this is the Gospel: 1 That Jesus died for our sins, 2 That he was buried which means he really died, and 3 That on the third day he rose from the dead. (I Cor. 15:1-4) thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto rightousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

I pray that all who have not, will follow the 'Roman Road' to salvation in Jesus Christ.
I hope this helps you my friend,
Yvette

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I pray that all who have not, will follow the 'Roman Road' to salvation in Jesus Christ.

I'm far from being a 'man of the Book', but since 'all roads lead to Rome', I'm sure I'll attain salvation.

Mirador

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
He sings in a church every single Sunday. My neighbor who does backup singing with him is always trying to make me go, maybe I should check it out and write up a report!! :tired: