Aura Beach House - Juan Dolio - Very Nice!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Aura Beach House

When you get to Juan Dolio, the first entrance that you find to the right, just before a Shell gas station on the left. 2 corners before the Metro Hotel.

They don't have a sign and they say they will never have a sign.
I guess they want to cater to a certain crowd.

Telephone: 526-2319

It has very good food and the decor is beautiful.
One of the owners is the owner of Praia club in Santo Domingo.

They open every day from 11:50am to midnight. Sometimes they open later, depends on the clients.

Aura_1.jpg

Aura_2.jpg

Aura_3.jpg

Aura_4.jpg

Aura_5.jpg

Aura_6.jpg

Aura_7.jpg

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Please fill us in...

is this a hotel? What's with the beds in the middle of the water? How much is it a day and what sort of services do they offer?
I will be in Boca Chica in 2 weeks, and was considering renting a scooter and heading up to Juan Dolio because sometimes the people suck in Boca Chica(not the natives, just the men hawking and selling all kinds of crap and the beach workers always harrassing people who walk by them). This seems like the kind of place that I can actually get some rest in. Let us know!!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Berzin said:
is this a hotel? What's with the beds in the middle of the water? How much is it a day and what sort of services do they offer?
I will be in Boca Chica in 2 weeks, and was considering renting a scooter and heading up to Juan Dolio because sometimes the people suck in Boca Chica(not the natives, just the men hawking and selling all kinds of crap and the beach workers always harrassing people who walk by them). This seems like the kind of place that I can actually get some rest in. Let us know!!!!

It's a bar/restaurant. If you turn up on a scooter, I doubt you will get past the doorman :)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
No offense...

but your quote was pretty obnoxious, so I will indeed return the favor. My american dollars, light skin and green eyes will get me in ANYWHERE on that island, so please don't get snooty. This is Juan Dolio we are talking about, not Beverly Hills.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
bar/restaurant?

They have an awful lot of horizontal seating for that kind of business. ;)

franco

Nov 5, 2003
Well, I think it's the best beach/restaraunt near Santo Domingo! =) Something like Nikki Beach in Miami... =) Dominican Nikki Beach! =))

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Pib said:
I'll take Famous Last Words for 2000 Alex.

I say it's a great place for a toga party. Maybe we should have a DR1 toga party.
Fatal mistake in the DR jeopardy game. Besides, The correct answer is BLUE eyes.
And yes, that looks like a great place for a toga party. Maybe Robert can get us a www. for the place? :cheeky:

Last edited:

franco

Nov 5, 2003
bcmike said:
Fatal mistake in the DR jeopardy game. The correct answer is BLUE eyes.
And yes, that looks like a great place for a toga party. Maybe Robert can get us a www. for the place? :cheeky:

I think this is a place where "blue eyes" does not help, like in loft, praia, blanc, etc.. =)

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
I get you now. But I (we) would be interested in more info, if you can safely divulge same...and "Blue Eyes" was a quiet joke .

Last edited:

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
Quoting myself is bad

bcmike said:
I get you now. But I (we) would be interested in more info, if you can safely divulge same...and "Blue Eyes" was a quiet joke .
Sorry for the obvious...The first or second read is not always what one thinks it is.Anyway, I understand your point.

modafoca

Dec 21, 2004
good luck ;)

Good luck with that attitude in these times. Hope you make it back to the states alive, gringo culiado.

Berzin said:
but your quote was pretty obnoxious, so I will indeed return the favor. My american dollars, light skin and green eyes will get me in ANYWHERE on that island, so please don't get snooty. This is Juan Dolio we are talking about, not Beverly Hills.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It's the Ultimate Beach bar/restaurant!

I was waiting 'til I'd had a chance to go for dinner before posting the info!
Thanks for beating me to the punch with pic's Robert.
The Idea is to go for the afternoon with your bathing suit to lounge on the beach, drink up be merry then have dinner and watch the gorgeous Juan Dolio sunset (by far the best place on the beach to watch from!)
We've been several times (and had a cocktail on the house) as we've been introducing newcomers to Juan Dolio to the restaurant. Dropped in to speak to the owners while it was still under construction.
It's so nice to have a "special" place to bring visitors to in Juan Dolio especially as the public beach gets quite crowded and loud on weekends.
I dare say the scooters WON'T make it past the doorman but there is inside parking for those Porches,Ferrari's, Corvettes and SUV's that show up!

This truly is a playground for the rich and famous just down the street from us in Juan Dolio!!
I'm guessing they can't wait until the luxury villa's are constructed by Guavaberry where the old Punta Garza resort stands!!

If you're afternooning here when I get back to JD do drop in and say hello!!

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Have some class..

modafoca said:
Good luck with that attitude in these times. Hope you make it back to the states alive, gringo culiado.

my comments were towards the person who said I would'nt be let in with a motor scooter, as I would be stupid enough to pull up like some Hillbilly dressed in rags demanding service.
I figured a comment like his deserved a sarcastic response. I did'nt mean it, of course-you need to read bwtween the lines. I thought this forum was for adults-so please refrain from this type of online disrespect.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Great place to splurge !

This is very upscale dining experience. The meals are best enjoyed when somebody else is picking up the tab ;) For example, on invitation from our supplier, the 4 of us had business lunch there (shared appetizer platter + one main course per head, no alcoholic drinks) and the tab was RD$5,500 !

The place does have an airy, French-Polynesian feel. Very unique.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Berzin said:
my comments were towards the person who said I would'nt be let in with a motor scooter, as I would be stupid enough to pull up like some Hillbilly dressed in rags demanding service.
I figured a comment like his deserved a sarcastic response. I did'nt mean it, of course-you need to read bwtween the lines. I thought this forum was for adults-so please refrain from this type of online disrespect.
I believe the person you are referring to runs this website and I'm sure he meant no disrespect.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Had a nice chat with the supplier of the Angus beef

and fresh salmon/tuna etc. who informed me that deliveries are made Weds. and Sat. so if you want your dinner REALLY fresh go on those evenings!
Cost is up in the stratospere but worth every centavo!!

Word of Warning.....place is packed on weekends so go early!!!!!

da_marlboro_man

Apr 26, 2004
when calling...

don't forget to dial a 1 before the # (I guess it is a cell phone).

Robert said:
Aura Beach House

When you get to Juan Dolio, the first entrance that you find to the right, just before a Shell gas station on the left. 2 corners before the Metro Hotel.

They don't have a sign and they say they will never have a sign.
I guess they want to cater to a certain crowd.

Telephone: 526-2319

It has very good food and the decor is beautiful.
One of the owners is the owner of Praia club in Santo Domingo.

They open every day from 11:50am to midnight. Sometimes they open later, depends on the clients.

Aura_1.jpg

Aura_2.jpg

Aura_3.jpg

Aura_4.jpg

Aura_5.jpg

Aura_6.jpg

Aura_7.jpg

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
No it isn't a cell phone # but it may be long distance depending

on where you're calling from. The 526 exchange is Juan Dolio!
Also I believe the island is now using the 10 digit number system so you must dial 809-526-plus the #