tattoos?????

TorontoTourist

Nov 16, 2004
I will be in DR in two weeks, can't wait, I wanted to know about the possibility of getting another tattoo while I was on vacation. Is there parlours in Puerto Plata and if there is where would you recommend....prices?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Nov 5, 2004
TorontoTourist said:
I will be in DR in two weeks, can't wait, I wanted to know about the possibility of getting another tattoo while I was on vacation. Is there parlours in Puerto Plata and if there is where would you recommend....prices?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

My fiancee does tattoos, but he lives in Luperon which is a ways away from Puerto Plata. He is a very talented artist, and has a brand new up to date machine. He says the best placee to get them done is in this mall in Santo Domingo where he picekd up the machiene.

I am going to be there in exactly 2 weeks from today as well. Dec.25 - Jan.1

What resort are you going to be in? I can get you more info

Tattoos are WAYYYYYYYYYYYY cheaper in DR then up here! Of course it depends on the size and the design you pick..if you let me know approximatly what sorta thing you are looking for...I can try to help you better as well.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Make sure you are up to date on the Hepatitis A and B shots before you get a tattoo especially where the hygiene standards are not what you'd call rigidly enforced. This sounds like an inadvisable idea unless you bring your own needles and ink.

lperez

Jun 17, 2002
Ink

Be very careful. I went with a friend in Santo Domingo to a place that said they used clean needles. When he went in they wanted to use the same ink. I told him not to do it and why. When the owner heard me they changed the ink. Make sure they use the disposable ink, it looks like what the kids play with.

Nov 5, 2004
TorontoTourist said:
Good point, I may not proceed.
ANd make sure the needdle is coming out of a closed steralized package. You can tell if they have been opened before. This is what my finacee uses.

On another note, it is advisable to have your Hep A & B shots when travelling to the DR regardless of wether you are getting a tattoo or not.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
PeachezNcream84 said:
On another note, it is advisable to have your Hep A & B shots when travelling to the DR regardless of wether you are getting a tattoo or not.

You can say that again. It takes 6 months for Hep B shots to be fully effective but they last for quite a few years. Hep A is almost immediate and it is the biggest risk due to poor food handling practices.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There is a new parlour in the building I work in. Ive chatted with him briefly but I can tell you this building is not cheap and he must be good to maintain this. If you want more info I can get you a phone number. or I can tell you where he is if you PM me.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tatoos in PTO.PTA.

Across the road from Sams Bar & Grill there is a new Tattoo place, looks pretty good from outside but then again looks can often be deceiving.

Gringo