HELP! What to get??

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
I will be visiting the family of my fiance in a few weeks and would like to try to purchase gifts after the Christmas rush. I will be meeting his abuela for the first time. She does not live in the DR, but in Puerto Rico. She is making the trip just to meet me. What do you get a sweet viejacita as a special gift? :confused: Her personality is stubborn but fun. I have talked with her over the phone.

All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You should ask your fiance(e) as to what the abuelo would want. If she lives in PR then she can get most American stuff but perhaps she has hobbies or interests that you can further with a gift.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
SafireDream said:
I will be visiting the family of my fiance in a few weeks and would like to try to purchase gifts after the Christmas rush. I will be meeting his abuela for the first time. She does not live in the DR, but in Puerto Rico. She is making the trip just to meet me. What do you get a sweet viejacita as a special gift? :confused: Her personality is stubborn but fun. I have talked with her over the phone.

All ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

If i were you i would get her some flowers and an envelope with somthing green inside...i am very sure that they could really use it since things are so bad in DR.

Or just give her a gift card with a greeting card along with the flowers.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mr_DR said:
If i were you i would get her some flowers and an envelope with somthing green inside...i am very sure that they could really use it since things are so bad in DR.

Or just give her a gift card with a greeting card along with the flowers.

Sometimes it's best not to pre-judge the socio economic status of someone, you might offend them beyond belief. Trust me, I speak from experience :)

Flowers always work ;)

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
Thank You!!

Thanks for the ideas. I think that flowers just may do the trick. I agree that she may get offended by receiving money. I will have to buy the flowers in the airport when I get to Puerto Rico for my connecting flight. I don't think that flowers will make it and still be fresh and alive from Philadelphia. :ermm:

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Robert said:
Sometimes it's best not to pre-judge the socio economic status of someone, you might offend them beyond belief. Trust me, I speak from experience :)

Flowers always work ;)
That is true.
I am beginning to sound very much like some of these other guys.

rmary

Oct 4, 2003
How about a nice vase to go with the flowers. That way she has something a little more permanent to mark the occasion.

Rose