My expirience with Pan Am

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I used Pan Am to fly SDQ-PUJ 2 days ago. The flight departed ontime, everything was nice, the plane is in good condition, and this J31 is very fast, only 20 minutes to PUJ. This flight had only 4 passengers, I stepped down in PUJ and 3 others were for San Juan, no passengers were boarded from PUJ to SJU.

Apr 26, 2002
aviastar said:
I used Pan Am to fly SDQ-PUJ 2 days ago. The flight departed ontime, everything was nice, the plane is in good condition, and this J31 is very fast, only 20 minutes to PUJ. This flight had only 4 passengers, I stepped down in PUJ and 3 others were for San Juan, no passengers were boarded from PUJ to SJU.
Well, let's see: 250 miles (Sto Dgo to San Juan) in 20 minutes = 750 miles per hour. Pretty impressive for a propeller-driven plane. Hell, pretty impressive for a 737. Come to think of it, that's twice as fast as a jet-powered 737 could do it.

I'm sure one part of your post was accurate: Pan Am has practically no passengers.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
what time change>?

Chris said:
heheh! I'm sure the time change had something to do with it.. No?

oh yes atlantic time and a half. :cross-eye

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Well, let's see: 250 miles (Sto Dgo to San Juan) in 20 minutes = 750 miles per hour. Pretty impressive for a propeller-driven plane. Hell, pretty impressive for a 737. Come to think of it, that's twice as fast as a jet-powered 737 could do it.

I'm sure one part of your post was accurate: Pan Am has practically no passengers.

While I am the last to defend aviastar's endless boring posts he flew SDQ to PUJ and got off , that is a 20 minute flight. And with him leaving in PUJ they had 3 passengers to San Juan. Why anyone bothers with these lowball one plane airlines is beyond me, other than $ until they go the Aeromar route.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have made that same trip 100 times!!!

On "AA".Either a 757,or an A300. They make the trip in 38 minutes.Flying twice as fast as the "prop" plane! Maybe the "Bermuda Triangle" has something to do with it!!!! ;) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Criss Colon said:
On "AA".Either a 757,or an A300. They make the trip in 38 minutes.Flying twice as fast as the "prop" plane! Maybe the "Bermuda Triangle" has something to do with it!!!! ;) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

CC: He went to Punta Cana - the other 3 (YTD Passengers on PanAm = 4) went on to PR. I cannot imagine no matter how cheap to fly to San Juan and have to make a stop en route on a normally 45 minute non-stop flight.

juan tripp

Dec 17, 2004
owner

:cry: Rubirosa, You`r such a dummy. you know so little about the airline
business. I have been flying many years and when i read a flight schedule that say depart 12.00 arrival at 12.30, that mean the flight from gate to gate
is 30 minutes.
Just what PA list for the above flights. Have a nice day.

Apr 26, 2002
juan tripp said:
:I have been flying many years and when i read a flight schedule that say depart 12.00 arrival at 12.30, that mean the flight from gate to gate
is 30 minutes.
First, your name (registered today): Juan Tripp (the founder of the original Pan Am in the 1930s). Second, the number of your posts: 1. I smell sockpuppet! Mark Porter?

Oh, btw, you're also plain wrong, unless you want to argue with the Institute for Transportation Studies: http://www.nextor.org/pubs/Symposium98/ATMEcon-MH.pdf#search='flight%20schedule%20gate%20to%20gate'. They note that scheduling is done "gate to gate".

You should have ended your post at calling me a "dummy" (a word for which you no doubt had to reach into the depths of your lexicon to find). Anything more you could possibly write would just work against you.

Last edited:

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
enough :angry:

stick to the original topic or this thread will die

Aviastar went on Pan AM and had a good flight.

thats good..anything else you can tell us?

thanks

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
You are the one who doesn't understand

juan tripp said:
:cry: Rubirosa, You`r such a dummy. you know so little about the airline
business. I have been flying many years and when i read a flight schedule that say depart 12.00 arrival at 12.30, that mean the flight from gate to gate
is 30 minutes.
Just what PA list for the above flights. Have a nice day.

ALL times are posted for the destination and departure airport

If you are flying New York to Hawaii, they (Airlines) list the time in Hawaii you arrive, not the time in New York