Seeking general info for January visit

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Greetings all.

My wife will be heading to the Northcoast region from Dec. 28th to January 6th. Unfortunately I cannot attend with her because we run a childcare facility and our 3 sons also need tending too :nervous: .

Anyway, her primary goal in visiting is to get a better feel for the Sosua/Cabarete/Puerto Plata environs. We have contacted the ISoS and she's hopeing for a visit at their school. She also has some family and friends (she was born and raised in Cotui, worked in Banco de Progresso 10 years) who will be with her for part of her stay.

1) Where would you all recomend she stay? She doesn't want to be in a full out resort, but as she may be a woman traveling alone at times wants a secure location.

2) She would like to start the process of assessing the real estate possibilities (if/when we relocate we would certainly rent first). I will be traveling to the area in a few months and would pick-up where she left off, but a general impression of the different towns and there outskirts would be a good start. Is anyone here involved in Real Estate/or not and willing to give her an "educated" tour of the environs.

3) Any other points of interest/advice is very much welcome. She is a terrific woman and very down to earth, ie. she would not be high maintenance.

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts.

Ian