DR vs USA

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
My father passed away yesterday at the age of 82. He had been beaten, robbed and shot several times. Money and personal belongings were taken. He was perfect imo of heart and soul. There is no doubt in my mind that he has forgiven his murderer. He was a much kinder and gentler person than me, in all, a much better person.

Many people that post and read this board are involved in law enforcement and to those I give a special thanks for their duty to the community.

The commitment of the local authorities to solve this crime is amazing. Crime scene investigators were on the location continuously for 26 hours. At no time was there less than two crime scene vans on the location and it reached a high of three vans, one mobil major crime scene investigations truck and approaching forty uniformed and plain clothed officers working together. It's a very comforting feeling to know that all that may be possible is being done.

My father was a well respected life long member of the community.

This may be one of the few times in my life that I will not begrudge my tax money as it seems to be going to a worthwhile purpose.

Several threads recently spoke of "How dangerous is DR?". All in all my answer would be "a hell of a lot safer than the USA". No doubt the present and ongoing investigation is second to none. But what about justice? I want to believe in a jury of his peers although that would mean finding twelve pieces of the most unimaginable scum to judge him.

I remember the thread about "la soga". I feel the need although I will not act on it.

So, any comments on safety anywhere should keep in mind that anything can happen anywhere.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
So sorry to hear of your loss Alanindr & especially in such tragic circumstances. To put a constructive & educational post together at this soul rendering time for you, shows real strength of charcter & I thank you for it.

May your God go with you & bring about a successful conclusion to the investigations taking place right now - hopefully that will ease your pain somewhat!! ~ Grahame.

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
It is certainly terrible the way your father died, murdered at 82! That is really despicable. I hope they do find those responsible soon. I am sorry this happened to your dad. Right here in the USA and in a place he was familiar with, makes it even more tragic. May justice be done!

Texasfool

*** Sock Puppet ***
Nov 9, 2004
Sad

AlaninDR said:
My father passed away yesterday at the age of 82. He had been beaten, robbed and shot several times. Money and personal belongings were taken. He was perfect imo of heart and soul. There is no doubt in my mind that he has forgiven his murderer. He was a much kinder and gentler person than me, in all, a much better person.

Many people that post and read this board are involved in law enforcement and to those I give a special thanks for their duty to the community.

The commitment of the local authorities to solve this crime is amazing. Crime scene investigators were on the location continuously for 26 hours. At no time was there less than two crime scene vans on the location and it reached a high of three vans, one mobil major crime scene investigations truck and approaching forty uniformed and plain clothed officers working together. It's a very comforting feeling to know that all that may be possible is being done.

This may be one of the few times in my life that I will not begrudge my tax money as it seems to be going to a worthwhile purpose.

Several threads recently spoke of "How dangerous is DR?". All in all my answer would be "a hell of a lot safer than the USA". No doubt the present and ongoing investigation is second to none. But what about justice? I want to believe in a jury of his peers although that would mean finding twelve pieces of the most unimaginable scum to judge him.

I remember the thread about "la soga". I feel the need although I will not act on it.

So, any comments on safety anywhere should keep in mind that anything can happen anywhere.

I don't know how to say this and not have it sound callous, but I am "relieved" this happened somewhere that you will receive "Justice"

I realize nothing can bring your departed back, but hopefully the scumbag responsible will fry.

Best wishes in your time of sorrow and hope you can move on

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The bad thing was that it happened at all

The good thing was that it happened in Texas where the death penalty is alive and well, and, unless this is some whacked-out 14 year old moronic dope sniffer, they will put him to death. "Vengence is mine, sayth the Lord."

Alan, that was a very good post, under the most difficult of circumstance..

My family and I hope you can find peace.

HB, most sincerely

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
May his soul rest in peace!

and may you find it in your heart to also forgive the unforgiveable!
Events like this behooves each and every one of us to search our souls to see if there is something in each of us that we could do to prevent such acts from happening.
While the reason for such a senseless act may never be known may we each do what we can to ease the pain of both the victims and their families and also the perpetrators so that these terrible things need not happen.

Alanindr...I hope you can take some small comfort in knowing that our hearts go out to you at this time. :cry:

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
My condalances to you and your loved ones in this time of sorrow. As for those that committed this horrible crime justice will absolutely be served and that you can count on.

solena

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 14, 2004
AlaninDR said:

Peace be with you and your family at this time, and may your father's soul rest in peace. May universal karma take care of the beast responsible for this tragedy. My deepest sympathies to you.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
try to remember who he was and how he lived . . .

I always feel people would want to be remembered in that manner. How a person dies rarely tell who a person was.

My hopes and wishes are with you in your darkest hours.

-Lee

nancybelle

Feb 9, 2004
Alan, I was stunned to read of your father's brutal murder; please know that many, many people who have never met you care and share in your sorrow. There are no words I can write to assuage the pain you must be feeling, but perhaps the sure knowledge that what you are experiencing matters to others who have lifted you and yours up in prayer may help. I hope you can be comforted by the memory of the good times you and your father doubtless shared. I also hope that his killer(s) will be brought to justice. I feel that the usual platitudes I offer--time is a great panacea, etc.--don't fit here. I don't know what to say except that I am so very sorry for your loss and pray that God can give you comfort in a time of such overwhelming grief.

AlaninDR said:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
nancybelle said:
Alan, I was stunned to read of your father's brutal murder; please know that many, many people who have never met you care and share in your sorrow. There are no words I can write to assuage the pain you must be feeling, but perhaps the sure knowledge that what you are experiencing matters to others who have lifted you and yours up in prayer may help. I hope you can be comforted by the memory of the good times you and your father doubtless shared. I also hope that his killer(s) will be brought to justice. I feel that the usual platitudes I offer--time is a great panacea, etc.--don't fit here. I don't know what to say except that I am so very sorry for your loss and pray that God can give you comfort in a time of such overwhelming grief.

I am very sad in regards to what happened to your father. God bless your family.

DRShine

Jan 3, 2005
I will pray for his soul and for you and your family to have strength. May God damn the monster that did this. Your father is a part of the human race that still demonstrates the potential for true goodness and honor in humanity and no one will forget him for that. My deepest condolances to you and your family.