"SHE COMES FIRST" book review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESOLteacher

Dec 14, 2004
Hi! Has anybody read this book, written by a man. It has a PAPAYA (no joke!) on the cover. I am curious to hear what ABZ has to say and all the other High Testosterone Monos out there. Other interesting books are The Mastery of love by Don Miguel Ruiz and If The Buddha Dated. Come to think about it, I think every gal in love with a sankie shold read The Rules -not my fav but it seems to apply here............comments? Flames? ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The Rules? :laugh: That book teaches women how to play head games. I hate that. But if you read it with the reverse in mind ( the games that others play on you) it might be ok.

Hillbilly's rules are the best when it comes to the DR

Three golden rules

You expect AZB to go out and buy a book, read it and give us his opinion? We already know his opinions on women. :laugh:

Years and years ago I read a book called smart women/stupid choices or was it foolish choices, that was a good book. ;)

solena

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 14, 2004
Right On, Mujer... Now We're Talking!

ESOLteacher said:
Hi! Has anybody read this book, written by a man. It has a PAPAYA (no joke!) on the cover. I am curious to hear what ABZ has to say and all the other High Testosterone Monos out there. Other interesting books are The Mastery of love by Don Miguel Ruiz and If The Buddha Dated. Come to think about it, I think every gal in love with a sankie shold read The Rules -not my fav but it seems to apply here............comments? Flames? ;)

She Comes First sounds really good to me!!!!! That's the way it should be rather than that archaic, barbaric, third world: women and children are second class citizens rubbish. I hope you don't get into that pathetic sankie garbage... you sound like so much fun. What about this: a nice guy who's not Dominican who will accompany you out dancing some serious merengue or bachata-- leave those Dominican heartbreakers alone (I know not all of them are, but...leave any heartbreaker alone, actually...) Or, make your rice and beans at home and throw on the salsa cds while you do it... it's a beautiful culture, but it is in dyre (sp.?) need of some serious women's lib.!!!!!!!!!! ;) Definitely want to check out all of those books-- they sound fun and juicy... except for the Rules...that's a lame one!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Self-help books are moronic, if you ask me. (I know you didn't).

Like Sybil Fawlty, they excell in stating the bleeding obvious.

:tired:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
solena said:
She Comes First sounds really good to me!!!!! That's the way it should be rather than that archaic, barbaric, third world: women and children are second class citizens rubbish!

Now now don't let your experience scar you against all Dominicans. There are good ones you know. Just stay away from jerks be it Dominicans or any other nationality.

By the way you'll never get a man to buy a book to read about "how to treat a women". They either have it nor they don't. Trust me those books whether written by a man or women are directed at the female market.

Men buy books with naked pictures in them. :laugh: just kidding guys

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Interesting title

My experience is that when this occurs, she also "comes back for more". ;)

solena

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 14, 2004
Anna Coniglio said:
Now now don't let your experience scar you against all Dominicans. There are good ones you know. Just stay away from jerks be it Dominicans or any other nationality.

By the way you'll never get a man to buy a book to read about "how to treat a women". They either have it nor they don't. Trust me those books whether written by a man or women are directed at the female market.

Men buy books with naked pictures in them. :laugh: just kidding guys

Anna--
You're wrong. There are liberated men out there-- maybe you've been scarred. There are men who would read this book because they are emotionally evolved. Don't let this culture scar you and lower your standard of men or lose faith in them!!!

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
I'm with Chiri

Good one Chirimoya,

Didn't Basil call Sybil "Queen of the bleedin' obvious" once?
Many self help books do state the obvious, however it seems that many folks need to hear or read what seems obvious.

Oh well...

my two cents

Justin

ESOLteacher

Dec 14, 2004
Thanks everyone....

The book is actually written for men and it is about sex and about making sure the woman is happy before is happy, but it focuses on well, ehem....kissing if you know what I mean as in kissing EVERY important part. Maybe he hung out with some sankies in DR and wrote down their sex advice? Just kidding.

Anna - I read Smart Women/Foolish Choices, it was good.

Solena - Thanks! I am so glad I read all about Sankies before my first trip to Dr in January - I might have been gullible but now I will just llaugh politely at/with them and say no thanks. And I will be sure NOT to ever go out to dinner with a DR guy unless I am planning on having "dessert" at his place later that night.............lots of good cultural tidbits!

Feliz Navidad! - just celebrated my 40th last ngiht in a bachata club - can't wait to BAILE in the DR!!!!!!! ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
solena said:
Anna--
Don't let this culture scar you and lower your standard of men or lose faith in them!!!

I'll keep your wise words next to my heart :rolleyes:

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
ESOLteacher said:
The book is actually written for men and it is about sex and about making sure the woman is happy before is happy, but it focuses on well, ehem....kissing if you know what I mean as in kissing EVERY important part.

I know a few men who could really use this book!!! ;)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Nelly said:
I know a few men who could really use this book!!! ;)
Haha..those men must not be Dominican--cos the Dominican men I know definately know how to "kiss every part" and then some... ;) (LOL)...[haha, oops, I just realized how that sounded...but you all know what I mean!]:p XOX
p.s Haven't read the book--sounds very interesting though... :)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ESOLteacher said:
The book is actually written for men and it is about sex and about making sure the woman is happy before is happy, but it focuses on well, ehem....kissing if you know what I mean as in kissing EVERY important part.
You got it all wrong. You are 40 years old and haven't learned much.

A woman once asked me if I was good in bed.

I said "of course, I please myself every time!"!

I hope you have learned the lesson I just taught you.

Escottishisterical

solena

*** Sin Bin ***
Dec 14, 2004
ESOLteacher said:
The book is actually written for men and it is about sex and about making sure the woman is happy before is happy, but it focuses on well, ehem....kissing if you know what I mean as in kissing EVERY important part. Maybe he hung out with some sankies in DR and wrote down their sex advice? Just kidding.

Anna - I read Smart Women/Foolish Choices, it was good.

Solena - Thanks! I am so glad I read all about Sankies before my first trip to Dr in January - I might have been gullible but now I will just llaugh politely at/with them and say no thanks. And I will be sure NOT to ever go out to dinner with a DR guy unless I am planning on having "dessert" at his place later that night.............lots of good cultural tidbits!

Feliz Navidad! - just celebrated my 40th last ngiht in a bachata club - can't wait to BAILE in the DR!!!!!!! ;)

Happy birthday mama! May this year bring you everything you possibly deserve. Thank God you're wiser than the sankie garbage. Be careful with those desserts ;). Happy holidays, mujer!

JRR

Dec 9, 2004
Once again this proves my point!

Although I have not re4ad the book, once again this proves my point! There is a big difference between making love, and just having sex! i would rather make love anytime!

solena said:
Happy birthday mama! May this year bring you everything you possibly deserve. Thank God you're wiser than the sankie garbage. Be careful with those desserts ;). Happy holidays, mujer!

ESOLteacher

Dec 14, 2004
Gracias a todos!

So, nobody has heard of this book? ehem.........interesting! Thanks for all of the fun feedback!!!!!'

And I am SO glad that I read Sankie 101 before my first trip to the DR (coming up in January!) -- wow, just think how much cash I am going to be saving this year! :glasses:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
ESOLteacher said:
So, nobody has heard of this book? ehem.........interesting! Thanks for all of the fun feedback!!!!!'

And I am SO glad that I read Sankie 101 before my first trip to the DR (coming up in January!) -- wow, just think how much cash I am going to be saving this year! :glasses:

No, no... maybe the sankies read the book! Think of how much fun you'll be missing! Don't knock it until you try it
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.