any dominicans in manchester england???

mami linda

Dec 22, 2004
hello all ......
just wondering if there was any dominicans living in the manchester area ???
have a merry xmas and happy new year
thanx

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Love it

Criss Colon said:
They will know!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

That reply just hit the button, nice one Criss I nearly Crissed my pants.

Paul

Freemo

May 26, 2003
One could almost add that

Freemo said:
That reply just hit the button, nice one Criss I nearly Crissed my pants.

Paul

Crime in the Manchester area is far too organised to attract Dominicans.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I know of one in Cheshire, if that's any help. She has posted on dominicancooking.com

Or would that be you? ;)

chella

Aug 19, 2004
we live nr salford!!!

me and my boyfriend whos dominican live nr salford manchester with our 4 year old boy......he does not know any more dominicans in this area but he has a couple of friends who live in liverpool and london......if theres any more about im sure he would love to meet up...
chella

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Holla!!! Yes, sure theres dominicans in Manchester. I find London, Manchester, Cardiff and Nottingham has the most dominicans. When I say dominicans I mean brits of dominican origin. London and Cardiff have got huge numbers of brits who are of carribean origin and a lot of people straight from the caribe. But, I have noticed, in Britian we tend to have more jamaicans than dominicans. I dont know why that is. But you only have to walk around town and you will see people from DR who walk round talkin spanish and other nationalites talking their native language. They say that the UK's extremely multi-cultural society is one of our strengths as a country and nation. Are you dominican? You can always go on british msn chat's and meet more people who share the same roots.

LJW

Sep 14, 2005
Right then. The fact that there are many more Jamaicans than Dominicans in England is probably down to the fact that Jamaica was a British colony. I imagine that if you go to Spain the situation would be reversed.

Anyway. I am British too and have just got back from working in the DR for a year, missing it terribly and would love to meet up with Dominicans in Manchester where I'm going to study as of tommorrow. Especially missing speaking Spanish and dancing to merengue and bachata.

Laura

lamaga

Sep 10, 2006
I'm a Dominican living in the NE, it's not Manchester but it's close than London.. what I missed the most is the mucis and the food sometimes... the sun .. I would like to know if there are any Dominicans nearby....

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We had a poster on the Dominican Cooking forums who lived in Chester (not far from Manchester), but I haven't heard from her for a while.

gonzalez

Mar 25, 2007
hi my husbam
nd is dominican an we live in Huddersfield West yorkshire. not that far from manchester

dominicanplatano

May 14, 2007
klok

y entonce klok??? where u live ?? i live in manchester pegao a piccadilly . let me know if u want to hacer coro 1 dia desto.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

Dominicanplatano

There are a few Dominicans in Manchester, there was a gathering in Warrington a couple of weeks ago. My husband is from Puerto Plata and we live in Hertfordshire not far from London, however, we know Dominicans in London, Hertfordshire, Essex, Manchester, Coventry, Shropshire and Bournemouth. I see you've found the Dominican Connection website. If you click on the 'photo gallery' and then 'partys', then select 'pikito's BBQ' ... this took place in Warrington. ;)

x

dominicanplatano

May 14, 2007
danm

yes i know some of them, , pedro , manny , etc... is pakito your husband?? , i spoke with hem once. next party tell pakito to invite us , danm , what happen??? we are dominicans 2. anyway thanks for the info.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
No no no

No Pakito is not my husband :cheeky: I'm married to Jonathan (also known as Bambuchu or Maestro in his town).

Keep in touch with the other site, there have been quite a few gatherings organised on there. Think there are plans to meet up for the Latin Carnival in August;)

Take care

chella

Aug 19, 2004
we live in manchester!!

hey there me and my hubby live in manchester nr trafford centre ...ive sent u a pm x