Romance and a nice hotel in PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nacho

Nov 22, 2002
I've known and been friends with a very sweet Dominican lady for a few years now, but circumstances have not let me visit for a while. Although she lives in Santo Domingo, I just found a great deal on a flight from Vancouver B.C. to Puerto Plata so I am hoping we can meet each other there. I have been to many areas of the DR, inland and on the SW/SE coasts but I don't know the Puerto Plata area. Can anyone recommend a relaxing, clean, friendly hotel in the area, for the dates around Jan 5 to Jan 12? Not AI (I've stayed in those in Bayahibe and want to try somewhere which leaves you a choice of where you can go to eat etc.) and near a nice beach would be the best. Not a party palace please.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Oh yeah, she doesn't swim too well so a nice pool would be a bonus!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
nacho said:
I've known and been friends with a very sweet Dominican lady for a few years now, but circumstances have not let me visit for a while. Although she lives in Santo Domingo, I just found a great deal on a flight from Vancouver B.C. to Puerto Plata so I am hoping we can meet each other there. I have been to many areas of the DR, inland and on the SW/SE coasts but I don't know the Puerto Plata area. Can anyone recommend a relaxing, clean, friendly hotel in the area, for the dates around Jan 5 to Jan 12? Not AI (I've stayed in those in Bayahibe and want to try somewhere which leaves you a choice of where you can go to eat etc.) and near a nice beach would be the best. Not a party palace please.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Oh yeah, she doesn't swim too well so a nice pool would be a bonus!

Hi,

You mentioned you did not want an AI resort. Well you can check www.puertoplataguide.com to see all the local hotels in the puerto plata/susua area. also has dining and outing info. Check it out and let me know if that helps you. Good luck.

Golfer

Apr 7, 2002
Beaches? Nice Hotels? Forget Puerto Plata!

The "Puerto Plata" airport is closer to Sousa than Puerto Plata and Sousa actually has beaches and nice non-party hotels. Due your checking there. Lots of Sousa info on this board if you do a little searching.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
try Sun Village

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that EMI Sun Village does not require AI package and you can get room only. Thats if you dont mind all the stairs.

They do have about 7 pools and many have shallow areas where she would be comfortable in.

In the Cofresi/Costambar area there are a few restaurants that you could eat at, if you dont like the hotel food.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Needs updated

stallion said:
Hi,

You mentioned you did not want an AI resort. Well you can check www.puertoplataguide.com to see all the local hotels in the puerto plata/susua area. also has dining and outing info. Check it out and let me know if that helps you. Good luck.

The link posted has a lot of good information on the non AI hotels in the area. The only problem is that it needs updated badly, so don't go by the prices listed. For example, they still have the price for a single room at the Portofino Guest House at RD300. It is now either 700 or 800.

One that is not listed is the Puerto Plata Beach Resort on the Malecon. It's an older place, and a bit worse for the wear, but the suites are about RD1000 and it has nice grounds and a large pool.

If you want proximity to a nice beach, you should look at Sosua. In PP you can get a nice ocean view, but the beaches are not good for swimming.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Good ole Sousa

Golfer said:
The "Puerto Plata" airport is closer to Sousa than Puerto Plata and Sousa actually has beaches and nice non-party hotels. Due your checking there. Lots of Sousa info on this board if you do a little searching.

I gotta find that place "Sousa" one day. I hear it is named after that band leader???

nacho

Nov 22, 2002
Thanks guys.

I took your advice and searched out accomodation for Sosua.
Tried for the Neptuno condos, but no luck as everything was booked. In the end I have reserved a week at Casa Linda through Rimma of Sunny Villa Holidays.
It looks very very nice, I especially like the idea of a little pool out back, it gives you the choice of relaxing at home or going to town to hit the beach.

Happy Holidays!

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Escott said:
I agree with the above post. Check the travel section here. Hmm... I even have a condo listed on DR1 that I rent out which is 1.5 blocks to the main beach, restaurants, bars, nightlife and is quiet.

How do I find out more about your condo Escoott, How do I contact you directly off of here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.