Largest drug bust

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm sure by now everyone has seen in the papers the news about the largest drug bust in DR history (1387 kilos of cocaine). This guy's fortune is estimated to be 3 billion pesos. He was made captain by Hippo and his buddies...Some people are glad he got busted.

There are however a lot of people in the south who are really sad that this guy was "caught", since his companies supported a lot of people in that area. In addition, apparently he gave out a lot of money and helped a lot of people. I think there's a huge political component to this. Basically since this guy was a PRD guy, he was allowed to operate freely during the past administration...
Since we now have the PLD in power he was out of favor and thus got "caught". My feeling is that he will probably do time (not hard time) only while the PLD is in power.

Will they ever reveal what company at Santiago's duty free zone was the one where the drugs were going to be processed for shipping to The US?

Will any of his police buddies be ever put in jail?

What will happen with all his companies?

This should be an interesting case...What do you guys think?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
He'll go to Najayo and live like a king, just like those two child murderers that got 30 years but came out in the papers a few years ago judging a prison swimsuit contest.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Ojala

Que lo guinden al hijo de la gran p@#$ ese. I wish that the DEA could get involved, and extradite him because justice in DR is like an oasis in the desert, a mirage.

Last edited:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
It's funny that people in the DR don't realize what they have. That's why they keep trying to f%@k it up by doing what 'El Don' was doing, selling that venom to the people. Sometimes I wish something really bad would happen to the DR and not just a hurricane or two. Then maybe people would wake the F*** up over there.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Jon S. said:
It's funny that people in the DR don't realize what they have. That's why they keep trying to f%@k it up by doing what 'El Don' was doing, selling that venom to the people. Sometimes I wish something really bad would happen to the DR and not just a hurricane or two. Then maybe people would wake the F*** up over there.

That's why I find this case very interesting, because I bet a lot of people in The DR (particularly in the south) are very unhappy that he got caught. This was nto seen as a bad guy, but more as a type of Dominican Robin Hood who did more good than bad. In addition, since he was probably not selling that stuff back home, but rather exporting it to The US, people don't really see what he was doing as being such a bad thing for The DR. In the poorest region of a poor country, they see this guy as one of them who "made it".

The DEA IS involved in this case, but I don't think he will be extradited unless they can develop some kind of charges against him in The US (not that hard to do, I guess)...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Have been wondering

principe said:
Que lo guinden al hijo de la gran p@#$ ese. I wish that the DEA could get involved, and extradite him because justice in DR is like an oasis in the desert, a mirage.

Was just wondering what was going to knock plan RENOVE out of the papers?

1 cops and jeepeta's names published, Anyone brought to justice??
2 plan RENOVE replaces number 1, Anyone brought to justice??
3 Biggest drug bust in history replaces number 2, anyone brought to justice, naw.
4 whats next