Puerto Plata Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Hi all DR1 members,

Any one know when the carnival in puerto plata takes place. I know it's in february but which week. Thanks.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
stallion said:
Hi all DR1 members,

Any one know when the carnival in puerto plata takes place. I know it's in february but which week. Thanks.

NO RESPONSES YET?. I guess everyone is busy for the christmas holidays.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
stallion said:
NO RESPONSES YET?. I guess everyone is busy for the christmas holidays.

i think i mght have a idea of a time frame perhaps 3rd week of february?

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
What I know

Here is what I know about Carnival. Apparently the weekend will change every year. It is all based around the one in La Vega, they get the weekend that falls on the actual day of celebration and then the weekends are split up from there. See there are Carnivals all over the island and each area or city tries not to compete with the other cities... That part was not necessarily for Stallion but for anyone else reading this post.

Carnival is a wonderful party in my opinion. Lots to see and participate in. As always you have to be careful but it is definately worth the time and effort. Each year is different and each city is different. I have witnessed several in Puerto Plata and always enjoyed them. Last year was not as good because of the economic situation.....

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
bailarin said:
Why are you answering your own question???

You must have some issues with me. I did not get repplies in 1 week so i was seeing if i was correct or not, therefore making a guess. So get off me please.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
planner said:
Here is what I know about Carnival. Apparently the weekend will change every year. It is all based around the one in La Vega, they get the weekend that falls on the actual day of celebration and then the weekends are split up from there. See there are Carnivals all over the island and each area or city tries not to compete with the other cities... That part was not necessarily for Stallion but for anyone else reading this post.

Carnival is a wonderful party in my opinion. Lots to see and participate in. As always you have to be careful but it is definately worth the time and effort. Each year is different and each city is different. I have witnessed several in Puerto Plata and always enjoyed them. Last year was not as good because of the economic situation.....
I am tired of getting my arse beat! I ain't gonna go no mo...

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
That is true Escott, you do get your arse beat!!!! I definately need a big strong man to hide behind and/or protect me.......LOL I once got hit hard enough for a giant purple bruise on my butt.....

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Which city has the best Carnival Parade

I was mondering wich city has the best carnival parade? Or are they all the same. Which has the biggest crowd? I would probably guess The Capital city.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Best carnival is that of La Vega, every Sunday in February.

The carnival of Santo Domingo, usually the first Sunday in March, is a long parade of all the carnival characters from around the country, but the La Vega carnival is the most intense and wacky. Highly recommended to attend.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
This weekend I was in puerto plata and they had their carnival going. So many people aroun the malecon.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Carnival

stallion said:
This weekend I was in puerto plata and they had their carnival going. So many people aroun the malecon.

Tell me is the carnival over in Puerto Plata, or was it just that weekend? How long will it go on?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Conchman said:
A friend of mine from Canada went there and had his arm broken by the
'lechones' (spelling?) .

Wow, must have been a rough carnival parade. I thought Caribana in toronto was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.